Demulling = too expensive?

d_wag

Bwaaa! You don't even know if he was offered a contract, and you're too ashamed to admit it! Either that or it doesn't fit your agenda.

Read the board rules. Crusading = bad.

277813[/snapback]

you are really slow today -- if he didn't offer him a contract IT WAS A MISTAKE........that is what i'm saying, the bills screwed up.......he got a very reasonable contract and would have improved this team at the LG spot........

the only one crusading is you with your "TD can do no wrong" mantra.......doesn't matter what happens, there is always an excuse which explains why TD made the right move, and even if he didn't, there was a reason why he wasn't able to........pathetic.......

i would be happy to give credit to TD for signing him to a reasonable deal and improving our LG position, but he didn't...........

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DeMulling is 304 pounds and not known for exceptional run blocking. TD has stated (and passed on) lineman in the past for a lack of size, not always, mind you, but its on public record that Buffalo prefers larger linemen.

277812[/snapback]

Bobblehead I think you have nailed it here. The Bills are probably most interested in a "road-grader" type like Chris V.

With that said, and without knowing our offer to him, I would tend to lean toward d-wag's evaluation THIS TIME re: Demulling. That's a pretty cheap contract there....

are you expecting TD to state what his offer was in public? your not really that slow, are you?

hint -- it was a less appealing contract then what the lions offered........

277802[/snapback]

NO we are expecting you to know what your fugging talking about when you start a post like this!!!

YOU stated that TD lowballed Demulling and that his offer wasn't as good as Detriots was and also that TD's offer was less appealing.

You have no clue if he was offered a contract at all from the Bills and are just speculating we did. You were asked for the details of the offer we made to him. Can you provide that? If not then STFU because you don't know shizzle about the topic YOU CREATED!!! :doh:

NO we are expecting you to know what your fugging talking about when you start a post like this!!!

YOU stated that TD lowballed Demulling and that his offer wasn't as good as Detriots was and also that TD's offer was less appealing.

You have no clue if he was offered a contract at all from the Bills and are just speculating we did. You were asked for the details of the offer we made to him. Can you provide that? If not then STFU because you don't know shizzle about the topic YOU CREATED!!! :doh:

277828[/snapback]

it was reported by multiple sources (and on this board) that the bills were in contract talks with dumulling.........

however, if you want to believe those reports were all lies, the bills made a mistake if they didn't offer him a contract.......he was signed to a very reasonable deal by the lions.........

D_wag you're growing tiresome. Here's what we can infer from what went down: based on what we've read and what DeMulling signed, it appears he was seeking EITHER $3mil+/year for a long-term deal, or a short-term deal. And, it appears rightly, that Donahoe didn't like either scenario. The guy hasn't proven he's a $3mil/yr player, especially at that position where you can draft and develop quality talent. Further, there is no point IMO in signing him for 2 years - then you're right back where you started - you would have had to draft his replacement this year or next anyhow - might as well just draft a guy and NOT sign him.

D_wag you're growing tiresome.  Here's what we can infer from what went down:  based on what we've read and what DeMulling signed, it appears he was seeking EITHER $3mil+/year for a long-term deal, or a short-term deal.  And, it appears rightly, that Donahoe didn't like either scenario.  The guy hasn't proven he's a $3mil/yr player, especially at that position where you can draft and develop quality talent.  Further, there is no point IMO in signing him for 2 years - then you're right back where you started - you would have had to draft his replacement this year or next anyhow - might as well just draft a guy and NOT sign him.

277836[/snapback]

that is your opinion.......

in my opinion, he would have been a significant upgrade at our LG position and i would be happy to have him for 2 years or 4 years, given how reasonable the terms of his contact were.......

you agree with the bills, i don't.........your entitled to your opinion and i respect it........try doing the same.........

the only thing tiresome around here are the hypocrites who would have been singing TD's praises if demulling signed for 2 years at that money in buffalo but have no problem trashing the guy and defending TD now that he is going elsewhere.......

the only thing tiresome around here are the hypocrites who would have been singing TD's praises if demulling signed for 2 years at that money in buffalo but have no problem trashing the guy and defending TD now that he is going elsewhere.......

No..... YOU are tiresome as well........ :doh:

that is your opinion.......

in my opinion, he would have been a significant upgrade at our LG position and i would be happy to have him for 2 years or 4 years, given how reasonable the terms of his contact were.......

you agree with the bills, i don't.........your entitled to your opinion and i respect it........try doing the same.........

277844[/snapback]

Again, your tunnel vision refuses to acknowledge the opportunity cost and the future.

Signing a player to a 2 year contract is very bad in the overall scheme of the team. If TD signed Demulling for 2 years, he would have added to his nightmare FA scenario after the 2006 season. But hell, you can't possibly care about that could you?

BTW, where are you getting your proof that Bills "ignored" Kendall last summer? I believe Bills intentionally passed on him. Of course that would get in the way of your theories.

Again, your tunnel vision refuses to acknowledge the opportunity cost and the future. 

Signing a player to a 2 year contract is very bad in the overall scheme of the team.  If TD signed Demulling for 2 years, he would have added to his nightmare FA scenario after the 2006 season.  But hell, you can't possibly care about that could you?

BTW, where are you getting your proof that Bills "ignored" Kendall last summer?  I believe Bills intentionally passed on him.  Of course that would get in the way of your theories.

277869[/snapback]

You are right, they intentionally passed on Kendall, but let's not open that can of worms again :doh:

Signing a player to a 2 year contract is very bad in the overall scheme of the team.  If TD signed Demulling for 2 years, he would have added to his nightmare FA scenario after the 2006 season.  But hell, you can't possibly care about that could you?

BTW, where are you getting your proof that Bills "ignored" Kendall last summer?  I believe Bills intentionally passed on him.  Of course that would get in the way of your theories.

277869[/snapback]

why is our 2006 FA scenario termed a "nightmare"? we free up a lot of cap dollars that year which should allow us the opportunity to be very active in free agency.......

they did intentionally pass on kendall........hence, they ignored him, which was a mistake........

jeez, do some research........how can you add anything to this conversation without knowing anything about him?

he's started the past 3 seasons in indy........

277809[/snapback]

Thank you for proving my point in regards to the fact that you know absolutely nothing about Demulling except that he was an OL free agent.

I stated he was going into his fifth year and only started on full season and you think he is worth 2 plus million. Your responce was above. Here are the facts champ.

2001, 7 games

2002, 14 games

2003, 16 games

2004, 11 games

You want to explain how that adds up? Do some research champ. You'll sound smarter.

DeMulling is 304 pounds and not known for exceptional run blocking. TD has stated (and passed on) lineman in the past for a lack of size, not always, mind you, but its on public record that Buffalo prefers larger linemen.

277812[/snapback]

Buffalo line. " 5 big slow fat guys backed up by 5 big slow fat guys"

304lbs is no slouch. This guy is a good quality guard. I think the money seemed very realistic, and frankly I'm disappointed. TD is running out of options. I hope he has something up his sleeve other than his arm because it is getting a little weird. Losman's mobility may be an improvement over Bledsoe but you may be asking a little too much here, if you stand pat.

Thank you for proving my point in regards to the fact that you know absolutely nothing about Demulling except that he was an OL free agent.

I stated he was going into his fifth year and only started on full season and you think he is worth 2 plus million. Your responce was above. Here are the facts champ.

2001, 7 games

2002, 14 games

2003, 16 games

2004, 11 games

You want to explain how that adds up? Do some research champ. You'll sound smarter.

277890[/snapback]

yea, he is a guard who has had some nicks and bruises over his career.......not exactly uncommon........

why did the bills look at villy last year after he missed time in both the previous seasons? why did they sign teague after he missed an entire year with an ACL injury?

i love how guys are dogging demulling today but would have been all over his jock if TD had signed the guy.......very hypocritical.......

"The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $4.45 million."

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/lions17e_20050317.htm

2.2M a year for a solid starting guard is money well spent and looks like a bargain after the contract that villy got..........buffalo should have landed this guy and it was a mistake to not address the glaring hole at LG with the best option available.........now buffalo will be forced to look to cheaper, 2nd rate options........

the lions didn't overpay like many on this board said they would.........they gave him a fair deal and got their man.......the bills lowballed and ended up with nothing........bad move, but i don't expect many here on this board to admit it.........

277686[/snapback]

So I guess you were in on the negotiations? With all due respect, how the HELL do you know what the Bills offered him? Here's a news flash for you, not every free agent will want to play for us. Even if we offer more money. If money was always the deciding factor Kelly Holcomb would be a Brown. So unless you actually know to what lengthes the Bills went to sign this guy I think you shouldn't criticize.

why is our 2006 FA scenario termed a "nightmare"?  we free up a lot of cap dollars that year which should allow us the opportunity to be very active in free agency.......

Yeah, the Bills will be in great shape trying to replace the heart of the roster in a single year. Keep up that crusade.

they did intentionally pass on kendall........hence, they ignored him, which was a mistake........

277888[/snapback]

Your Webster must have a different definition of "ignore" My version does not include "Bills e looked at the player, considered him wrong for the offense and passed on the opportunity to sign him."

Yeah, the Bills will be in great shape trying to replace the heart of the roster in a single year.  Keep up that crusade.

with free agent dollars, that can accomplished........are you even aware of who is up that year?

what is this crusade anyway? if TD signed the guy to that money and improved the LG position, i would give him credit.......he didn't, so i call him out........

when does your crusade end? the one that revolves around agreeing with every move TD makes........

Your Webster must have a different definition of "ignore"  My version does not include "Bills e looked at the player, considered him wrong for the offense and passed on the opportunity to sign him."

what's Webster say is the defintion of "mistake"? is it passing on kendall when he would have improved the LG position dramatically?

I think you hit the nail on the head there d_wag.

277906[/snapback]

And there would be an equal outpouring of criticism for signing a guy to a bad contract which would help gut the team after this year.

Let's revisit all these conversations once the season starts, shall we? Where are all the "we're doomed because we didn't sign Damien Woody" posters? Where's the Kenyatta Walker fan club?