Demulling = too expensive?

d_wag

....and in your professional assessment from having broken done film and studying Demulling, he is that much better than what we have on our cuurent roster at 2 million plus a year?

By the way do you have a list of the probable June 1st cuts in your hand as well? Hmmmmmmm.

277764[/snapback]

yes, he is that much better.......he's a very good LG, which is more then anyone can say about gandy/tucker/smith........the bills liked him, the bills thought he was better, and the bills didn't get the job done........

no one cut in june will measure up to demulling.........

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $4.45 million."

http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/lions17e_20050317.htm

2.2M a year for a solid starting guard is money well spent and looks like a bargain after the contract that villy got..........buffalo should have landed this guy and it was a mistake to not address the glaring hole at LG with the best option available.........now buffalo will be forced to look to cheaper, 2nd rate options........

the lions didn't overpay like many on this board said they would.........they gave him a fair deal and got their man.......the bills lowballed and ended up with nothing........bad move, but i don't expect many here on this board to admit it.........

277686[/snapback]

Have you ever seen him play?

I got a question.  I admit, I never heard of the guy before free agency.  If this guy is SO GOOD, why were the Bills, Lions, & Ravens (who pretty quickly removed themselves from the running) the only teams that were trying to sign the guy?

277767[/snapback]

so you think the bills made a mistake by looking at him at all?

i disagree with not signing demulling.....spin it any way you want, but i find it amazing that so many on this board support this non-move by TD.......i think he screwed up here, but you guys are so blinded in defending him that you won't even consider that maybe he didn't make the right move.......

277735[/snapback]

You disagree if the Bills don't sign ANY big name that comes up. Thankfully, you're not signing the contracts.

yes, he is that much better.......he's a very good LG, which is more then anyone can say about gandy/tucker/smith........the bills liked him, the bills thought he was better, and the bills didn't get the job done........

277773[/snapback]

The Bills didn't get the job done? Did they offer him a contract? How much was it for? How long was it for. Are you holding out on us?

The Bills didn't get the job done? Did they offer him a contract? How much was it for? How long was it for. Are you holding out on us?

277781[/snapback]

obviously it wasn't good enough to get him in here.......oh, but that's right, he liked the detriot school systems more.........the friendly streets.......the happy people.........wasn't anything to do with TD's lowball style..........

so you think the bills made a mistake by looking at him at all?

277776[/snapback]

No, I think the Bills should look at every OL available, but I don't think the season rides on getting Demulling signed. Who's to say Ross Tucker can't become a quality OG like Demulling. There's still quality guys out there, but our LG could already be on the roster. And who knows, maybe the guy really wanted to play for Detroit, and was playing the Bills in order to get more $ where he really wanted to play. He may have had no intention of ever signing with Buffalo regardless of the contract offer.

obviously it wasn't good enough to get him in here.......oh, but that's right, he liked the detriot school systems more.........the friendly streets.......the happy people.........wasn't anything to do with TD's lowball style..........

277789[/snapback]

I'm waiting on that contract information. Are you going to keep avoiding it or admit you just don't know?

I'm calling you out, man. If you can't come up with facts, you might want to hold your tongue until you can.

I'm waiting on that contract information. Are you going to keep avoiding it or admit you just don't know?

I'm calling you out, man. If you can't come up with facts, you might want to hold your tongue until you can.

277794[/snapback]

Good luck with that.

d seems to have a one-track mind.

To YOU he was.

Thus your eternal kvetching.

277790[/snapback]

your not making any sense.........he would have been an upgrade to the LG position, just like demulling would have been an upgrade.........they both came at very reasonable contracts and i would have been singing TD's praises if he landed either.........he didn't, so i'm calling him out.........this has nothing to do with big names........

no one cut in june will measure up to demulling.........

277773[/snapback]

LOL! Can I quote you on that? A 5th year pro who has started one full season is worth 2 million plus? Brilliant!! Please forward a copy of your resume to 1 Bills Drive pronto.

277794[/snapback]

are you expecting TD to state what his offer was in public? your not really that slow, are you?

hint -- it was a less appealing contract then what the lions offered........

No, I think the Bills should look at every OL available, but I don't think the season rides on getting Demulling signed.  Who's to say Ross Tucker can't become a quality OG like Demulling.  There's still quality guys out there, but our LG could already be on the roster.  And who knows, maybe the guy really wanted to play for Detroit, and was playing the Bills in order to get more $ where he really wanted to play.  He may have had no intention of ever signing with Buffalo regardless of the contract offer.

277793[/snapback]

Look at it this way, he left the Colts to play for the Lions. That alone tells you he was only after the payday. Still, what gets me, is all these people crying about this and no one can make any kind of an evaluation of his game, only that he is 'good'.

And that would be:

"Donahoe sucks!"

277798[/snapback]

again, if TD signed dumulling to the deal the lions gave him, i would be singing his praises........i would have been the first one on this board saying what a great move it was (and you'd all be agreeing with me then, just because TD did it)...........this has nothing to with an agenda.........if he got him at that price i would have loved the move, and so would all have you..........

LOL! Can I quote you on that? A 5th year pro who has started one full season is worth 2 million plus? Brilliant!! Please forward a copy of your resume to 1 Bills Drive pronto.

277800[/snapback]

jeez, do some research........how can you add anything to this conversation without knowing anything about him?

he's started the past 3 seasons in indy........

are you expecting TD to state what his offer was in public? your not really that slow, are you?

hint -- it was a less appealing contract then what the lions offered........

277802[/snapback]

Bwaaa! You don't even know if he was offered a contract, and you're too ashamed to admit it! Either that or it doesn't fit your agenda.

Read the board rules. Crusading = bad.