If the Bills are 3-5 at the turn, what are you thinking?

After 8 games the only thing that matters is which QB plays the next 8 games.  If they are 3-5 or worse with any QB not named Allen then switch to Allen.  If they are 4-4 or better, with McCarron or Peterman then Allen sits unless they are out of the playoffs.

This year is about the QB and rebuilding the front 7.  If AJ or Peterman can win then Allen can sit and learn.  Next year is about rebuilding the O-line

At 3-5, that’s when you start playing JA. You know what your OL and WR are capable of, and what they’re not. If Dabs is a good OC, he should be able to at the very least, find a way to not get the rook killed behind C. (That’s what the first 8 weeks were for)

From there, just look for some sort of marked improvement from JA, from week to week. Heartbreaking losses, so be it. Let them all be learning experiences. (Ala, Peyton Manning, Carson Wentz, rookie years) 

Say we go, 4-12/5-11.. Top 5 pick or so in the draft.. trade down if possible, acquire more picks for “the process”.

If no trade partner available, draft highest rated pass rusher. (DE, not DT. More than likely an area of need, as well as most bang for the buck on a rookie contract) If we get the extra picks, go RB, WR, OLB, TE, CB.  (BPA, of course) 

Also, we’re looking at a bunch of cap space next year. (Personally, I’d invest in OL) Safest bet, and give the 2nd year QB, all the time he needs in the pocket. (Hopefully the 8 games this year don’t leave him “shell shocked” and given a false sense of pass rush this year) 

I wish everything in life were this easy to solve.. ??

Edited by Vod Kanockers
  • Like (+1) 1

See how the last 8 go. As A Bills fan I have seen far to many fast starts. Maybe we go 7-1 or 8-0 and make the playoffs with Allen’s arm leading the way? 

This year is all about seeing how this rookie class does for me. I expect Allen to play and get better each week. Kid is talented and will win some and lose some. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:41 AM, GunnerBill said:

And I am pretty sure the answer is no ?At least pretty sure on Peterman and think more likely than not on A

I'm  curious. Why exact oh do you feel this way aboutAJ?  I can understand Nasty Nate. He has looked horrid in real games at times.

But why AJ. His NFL history, while short, has been pretty good. Couple that with his career at Alabama, I think he could be good. He HAS been good. Watch the playoff game highlights. Those are some serious NFL throws under pressure.

To "think more likely than not on AJ" sounds like half empty thinking.

Saying odds

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm  curious. Why exact oh do you feel this way aboutAJ?  I can understand Nasty Nate. He has looked horrid in real games at times.

But why AJ. His NFL history, while short, has been pretty good. Couple that with his career at Alabama, I think he could be good. He HAS been good. Watch the playoff game highlights. Those are some serious NFL throws under pressure.

To "think more likely than not on AJ" sounds like half empty thinking.

Saying odds

I have been back and watched all his NFL throws this summer. I am not super impressed. I wouldn't nail myself to a mast on McCarron though. I didn't really watch him in college and he has spent 4 years on the bench so it is small sample size. I just don't have super high expectations.