Terrell Owens Planning a Comeback to Play in the CFL

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I don't know why this is hard to understand. It's not about attention, the guy needs money. He has no other way of making a living. It's not like he's one of the guys who spent his off seasons learning a profession. He has no skills other than playing football. He couldn't even translate just being TO into a career because he is so dislikable and that's saying something in a world where people pay deion sanders to be on tv. He's passing on the HOF enshrinement because he doesn't have the money to throw the expected party. I can appreciate that. 

He wants attention so he passes on a ceremony specifically geared to give him attention AND an open mic on national tv to say whatever he wants about whomever he wants. Ok.  He wants attention so he wants to go play in the CFL? Ok.

He needs paychecks and quite frankly the person who mentioned the xfl is probably spot on. By exercising this clause he now forces Edmonton to pay him or to relinquish any claim they have to him. Those are both win situations for him. It will be interesting to see what the Eskimos choose to do.

:flirt:

Just call me El Bufalo Nostradamus... If the guy can still play, McMahon will sign him. Perfect for the XFL.

#getchapopcornready

• Like (+1) 1

Two thoughts spring to mind if Owens begins a return of retired NFLers to the CFL:

1.) Good thing the league is down to one Roughrider team.  Confusion upon reporting could ensue.

2.)  "Whatdyamean, they get a point because I didn't run the ball out of the end zone on the kickoff?!"