(OT) Sabres jersey question...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to get an authentic Sabres jersey but don't know what player to get. Any suggestions? I want someone who is good and should be with the team for a while. I've been away from hockey for a while so have no idea.

Help anyone?  ;)

276780[/snapback]

Well, if I'm not mistaken, your avatar is Donnie Baseball correct? Well, Chris Drury's fav player is Don Mattingly and he wears his number (#23) as a tribute. And I'm willing to bet he will be named captain as soon as hockey resumes. So I'd say either Drury or Vanek. Trouble with Vanek is you don't know what number he'll choose until he plays his first NHL game.

Also the possibilty of the Sabres changing jerseys is they are supposedly only changing their third jerseys, most likely to a modern version of the old blue and gold and not before 2006-07.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I kind of wanted a player but I don't want to end up with another authentic Hasek jersey sitting in my closet. $200 down the drain.  ;)  ( I still wear it once in a while though)

276791[/snapback]

Look on the bright side. No matter what team Hasek joins the HOF as, he will always be remembered as a Buffalo Sabre.

Chris Drury was in the little league world series...

276953[/snapback]

Yeah, he pitched them to a Little League World Series Championship. In hockey, he also won the Hobey Baker, the Calder Trophy and a Stanley Cup to boot. How'd he end up in Buffalo ;) ?

Ah, who cares what they say about not putting your own name on it. I did! It looks great and my reasoning is that I can NEVER be traded! A true Sabre Diehard!

Here are some good ideas though;

Vanek, Briere, Roy, Miller, Drury, Hecht and Afinogenov

Dont get Satan, Zhitnik or Biron. Those guys are gonna be gone soon.

Next, wish for hockeys return SOON!! I hate basketball! ;)

i've got every single sabres jersey (old school home away and the goathead home and away) besides the alternate jersey

all of my jerseys are blank just because i didn't want to pidgeonhole myself with some player's name...if i were to get one, i'd go with satan just because...well, it says SATAN on it