SC upholds Travel Ban 5-4

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My twitter feed is packed with legislators claiming they're powerless against Trump and SCOTUS.

You're LEGISLATORS!   DO YOUR !@#$ING JOBS AND LEGISLATE, GODDAMMIT!

I'm sure they would if everyone would just listen a bit more.

Understanding is everything.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My twitter feed is packed with legislators claiming they're powerless against Trump and SCOTUS.

You're LEGISLATORS!   DO YOUR !@#$ING JOBS AND LEGISLATE, GODDAMMIT!

then they might have to read the bill first.

Edited by Foxx

The left has started trump down the walk shame ala game of thrones haha....

'A marker of shame': Democratic lawmakers rip Supreme Court's travel ban decision

Hollywood Stars Rip ‘Shameful’ Supreme Court Travel Ban Ruling: ‘This Is Devastating’

Their water carriers should be screaming loud and protesting by thursday.

Wait. i just noticed ...its devastating? wtf?

Edited by Albwan

23 minutes ago, Albwan said:

The left has started trump down the walk shame ala game of thrones haha....

'A marker of shame': Democratic lawmakers rip Supreme Court's travel ban decision

Hollywood Stars Rip ‘Shameful’ Supreme Court Travel Ban Ruling: ‘This Is Devastating’

Their water carriers should be screaming loud and protesting by thursday.

Wait. i just noticed ...its devastating? wtf?

The Supreme Court rules on the law, not on what we wish the law was.  The Executive executes the law.

The law is written by the legislature.

The Court was designed to be a check on executive action in exactly this manner.

It has ruled that the Executive is being compliant with the law, within it's Constitutional mandates.

If people don't like the law, they should petition their legislators to change it.  This is how the system is designed to work.

The fact that people are upset because out government is following the law is telling.

Same old fight:  republicans vs monarchists.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A lot of people are going to lose their minds. Also heard (though less confirmed, more rumor/gossip) that another (unnamed) justice is retiring as well. 

Two possible vacancies before the midterms... look out.

Supposedly the other justice is Clarence Thomas.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Supposedly the other justice is Clarence Thomas.

At first I cringed at this, but then after reflecting on it, it's probably the best thing that could happen.

Conservatives hold the Court, and by replacing old Origionalists with what will hopefully be comparably young Origionalists, conservatives will hold the Court for at least another 20 years.

If Ginsberg exits at some point in the next 5 years, that's the cherry on the Sundae.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

At first I cringed at this, but then after reflecting on it, it's probably the best thing that could happen.

Conservatives hold the Court, and by replacing old Origionalists with what will hopefully be comparably young Origionalists, conservatives will hold the Court for at least another 20 years.

If Ginsberg exists at some point in the next 5 years, that's the cherry on the Sundae.

That was the theory behind the report I heard that Thomas was supposedly considering retiring now.

I don't buy he will actually do it, but that's the rumor.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

That was the theory behind the report I heard that Thomas was supposedly considering retiring now.

I don't buy he will actually do it, but that's the rumor.

I was hoping my edit from "exists" to "exits" would have landed before anyone had the chance to quote me.

For great shame it did not.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I was hoping my edit from "exists" to "exits" would have landed before anyone had the chance to quote me.

For great shame it did not.

If she exits, it likely WILL be because she no longer exists.

• Like (+1) 1