Star Trek: Return of Picard?

/dev/null

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

To be fair Ellison's script did not fit the mold of 1960's television in a lot of respects.  It was known to be budget heavy with many extras and talked about the seamy side of drug dealing which was taboo for 1960's television.  Ellison was not the only one to be dissatisfied with his Star Trek involvement which pointed to lesser writers in the last year and a half of the show as the name writers shunned the show.  Also, the budget was cut so they probably were not getting the offers dollars-wise that they felt they were due.

Agreed re: script.  If I meet him in the Great Beyond, you can bet I won't mention the 'City' script...nor 'The Starlost'.

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Agreed re: script.  If I meet him in the Great Beyond, you can bet I won't mention the 'City' script...nor 'The Starlost'.

Hopefully, there is no Star Trek section in the Great Beyond as Ellison would be very unhappy to be seated next to Roddenberry for eternity.  Going to be enough problems putting enough space between Doohan, Shatner, and Takei to keep the peace.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Mr. Ellison had a LOT to say over the rewrites his script underwent at the hands of Roddenberry and company.

Yes and there are a couple of really good writers who are known to be real temperamental who continue to use like Alan Moore despite this.

IMO they writers need to find  some way to produce it themselves and raise the money themselves if they believe they could do a better job  but most of these people do not have talent to that but just criticize.  It is real easy to be a critical - it takes no skills.

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Hopefully, there is no Star Trek section in the Great Beyond as Ellison would be very unhappy to be seated next to Roddenberry for eternity.  Going to be enough problems putting enough space between Doohan, Shatner, and Takei to keep the peace.

I think Shatner will be sitting at same table as Eugene Parker and will not see Doohan or Takei.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 11:36 PM, frostbitmic said:

With John Travolta as #1 Riker and Bruce Willis as Data.

I'll pass on having a Klingon on the bridge, what a stupid idea.

Are you kidding me? Who else, but a Klingon, is going to calm them mother!@#$ers down and have the Wolfe be there directly?

top_50_tarantino_characters_640_27.jpg

20 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Are you kidding me? Who else, but a Klingon, is going to calm them mother!@#$ers down and have the Wolfe be there directly?

I'm gonna call a couple of hard hitting Warriors with a bat'leth and an oy'naq and get Gre'thor on your ass

26 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm gonna call a couple of hard hitting Warriors with a bat'leth and an oy'naq and get Gre'thor on your ass

You leave the system tonight, right now, and when you gone, you stay gone or you be gone. You lost all your Alpha Quadrant privileges.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Marcellis Wallace would be fine on the bridge but I draw the line on some ugly ass Klingon named Barf.