Canada question

Canadian man legally lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance: report

A man, identified only as “David” who lives in Alberta, told CBC News that he was given a quote of $4,500 Canadian Dollars for the insurance of a Chevrolet Cruze he wanted to buy. The insurers told him his yearly bill would be around $1,100 less if he was a woman.

To take advantage of the lower rates and “beat the system”, David had to legally change his gender on a birth certificate. To do so, he had to acquire a note from the doctor acknowledging his identification as a woman before he could proceed with the change.

“It was pretty simple,” David told the outlet about the process of legally changing his gender. “I just basically asked for it and told them that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/30/canadian-man-legally-lists-gender-as-female-to-get-cheaper-car-insurance-report.html

?

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Canadian man legally lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance: report

A man, identified only as “David” who lives in Alberta, told CBC News that he was given a quote of $4,500 Canadian Dollars for the insurance of a Chevrolet Cruze he wanted to buy. The insurers told him his yearly bill would be around $1,100 less if he was a woman.

To take advantage of the lower rates and “beat the system”, David had to legally change his gender on a birth certificate. To do so, he had to acquire a note from the doctor acknowledging his identification as a woman before he could proceed with the change.

“It was pretty simple,” David told the outlet about the process of legally changing his gender. “I just basically asked for it and told them that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/30/canadian-man-legally-lists-gender-as-female-to-get-cheaper-car-insurance-report.html

?

$4500 for auto insurance on a Cruze? What does he do, take it to dirt tracks and race it against those things that used to look like autos? So, a man gave up his manhood for $1100 and the right to say "tee hee" and "ciao"?

54 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

$4500 for auto insurance on a Cruze? What does he do, take it to dirt tracks and race it against those things that used to look like autos? So, a man gave up his manhood for $1100 and the right to say "tee hee" and "ciao"?

Wow, that's pretty misogynistic. Probably homophobic as well, considering he's likely now a lesbian.

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Wow, that's pretty misogynistic. Probably homophobic as well, considering he's likely now a lesbian.

Exactly the way I meant it. The guy went from being a Canadian to a Canadienne. Who does he think he is, Justin Trudeau?

Edited by 3rdnlng

2 hours ago, ALF said:

?

He was required to document his preference???

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He was required to document his preference???

tenor.gif

of course, two men or women living as platonic roommates years ago figured out how to call it a "partnership" in order to get work and government beneftis

On 6/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, B-Man said:

what are they going to do throw milk bags at the guy, or send one of their terrorish friends down here..

er wait they call them mentally disabled up there, that's right.

CN Tower is in full view outside the office window.

not the best way to wake up on a Holiday in Toronto....

1 minute ago, Kelly101 said:

what are they going to do throw milk bags at the guy, or send one of their terrorish friends down here..

er wait they call them mentally disabled up there, that's right.

Nothing funny about this stuff.