RIP Dwight Clark

56 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Even if it wasn't it would be absurd to do it.

No more absurd than sprinkling them in the ocean or from a the top of a mountain.

OTOH, putting them next to Eddie D's horseshoe pits (about ten feet away, if you look at the video) might not have been the best decision either...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

No more absurd than sprinkling them in the ocean or from a the top of a mountain.

OTOH, putting them next to Eddie D's horseshoe pits (about ten feet away, if you look at the video) might not have been the best decision either...

Ha...Lurker, though, I'm ashes dissipate.  A body is kind of...permanent there.

Hey man, if it is what he wanted, fine.  Just...different.

I'm getting old...I remember watching that TD live.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ok, no offense, but what?

Does his wife live near there?  Was money an issue for a burial plot for him?  It's one thing to be buried at Candlestick (macabre, but still), but buried next to the goal post in Montana...did he want this?

eddie d is beloved bt the fans and players. he was very good friends with all of them. so this isnt that crazy. a little maybe

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

eddie d is beloved bt the fans and players. he was very good friends with all of them. so this isnt that crazy. a little maybe

Aristocrat, I know that and believe that...However, I am just curious about the family's wishes and the circumstances of them agreeing to this.  Is it a money thing or did they truly want this?

I am not claiming anything nefarious, but I would just like to know.

My questions in my post are not off the hook and not out of the ordinary.  

Eddie is a great guy.  He loved his players.  It is actually moving.  However, how does this come about?  

Would you expect your mom to say, "Aristocrat, I'd like you father to be in Montana...next to a goal post...where we can not visit him that much.", should you guys live far away.

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Aristocrat, I know that and believe that...However, I am just curious about the family's wishes and the circumstances of them agreeing to this.  Is it a money thing or did they truly want this?

Eddie is a great guy.  He loved his players.  It is actually moving.  However, how does this come about?  

Would you expect your mom to say, "Aristocrat, I'd like you father to be in Montana...next to a goal post...where we can not visit him that much.", should you guys live far away.

Clark lived not too far away from the Debartolos in Montana is what I recall seeing shortly after he died. Eddie D would be a frequent visitor and had a gathering of his teammates shortly before he passed on that ranch. 

Read this article and it is described how the Clarks are 15 minutes from Debartolos ranch. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/03/dwight-clark-als-49ers-reunion-eddie-debartolo

Edited by Guffalo

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

well he actually lived in whitefish near the ranch so the family can visit any time. seems like him and eddie were best friends.

3 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Clark lived not too far away from the Debartolos in Montana is what I recall seeing shortly after he died. Eddie D would be a frequent visitor and had a gathering of his teammates shortly before he passed on that ranch. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

well he actually lived in whitefish near the ranch so the family can visit any time. seems like him and eddie were best friends.

Bingo!  That's what I was looking for, gentlemen.

All good.

Probably closer than any cemetery, too.

Thank you.