Whitey women keeping the black women down

6 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What the !@#$? Talk about making strawmen to attack, while conveniently never quoting what comment the "WW" was having a problem with. Funny how this "PhD Candidate" had no issues quoting the white woman several times.

9 hours ago, m_w_hunter said:

lol what? can you explain this? i see plenty of lowlifes at walmart

What? You can’t find information on your own?

Your search engine broke or is it slanted towards leftist propaganda?

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

What you said is not necessarily racist just ignorant or insensitive. There are millions of idiots at Walmart as we speak. Race has nothing to do with idiocy.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

What you said is not necessarily racist just ignorant or insensitive. There are millions of idiots at Walmart as we speak. Race has nothing to do with idiocy.

It's not racist to point out a location where you can people watch.

What if he had said to pay attention to women at the bar or beach, how about Mcdonald's or the Grocery store?

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

It's not racist to point out a location where you can people watch.

What if he had said to pay attention to women at the bar or beach, how about Mcdonald's or the Grocery store?

no its not racist to point out a location where you can people watch

it is racist to say "black women keep black women down"

14 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

Would it be racist if it were true? Rather than calling him a racist why don't you challenge him and ask him to make his case?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Would it be racist if it were true? Rather than calling him a racist why don't you challenge him and ask him to make his case?

i did

22 hours ago, m_w_hunter said:

lol what? can you explain this? i see plenty of lowlifes at walmart

he responded with crap calling me a leftist and refused to make his case

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

8 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

Can you demonstrate how/why it's racist?

I'm not saying that it isn't, but on it's face it doesn't seem like it is.  It reads simply as an observation, which may be either correct or incorrect, and requires further evidence to determine validity.

I don't see the merits of simply dismissing uncomfortable ideas as racist without further discussion.

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Can you demonstrate how/why it's racist?

I'm not saying that it isn't, but on it's face it doesn't seem like it is.  It reads simply as an observation, which may be either correct or incorrect, and requires further evidence to determine validity.

I don't see the merits of simply dismissing uncomfortable ideas as racist without further discussion.

its obvious why it can be seen as racist. hes saying that black women keep black women down. what about a black mother encuraging her daughter to attend college? is that a black woman keeping another down?

i asked him about further evidence to explain his position. he failed to engage and called me a leftist. note i didnt call it racist until he refused to engage

in my opinion theres no room for further discusion with racism because its simply racism. if it wasnt racism he would have facts to back up his statement and not just say "all you have to do is look in a walmart". theres a wal mart near where i live and its dirty as any, i shop there, and ive never seen a black person there

Edited by m_w_hunter

6 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

its obvious why it can be seen as racist. hes saying that black women keep black women down. what about a black mother encuraging her daughter to attend college? is that a black woman keeping another down?

i asked him about further evidence to explain his position. he failed to engage and called me a leftist. note i didnt call it racist until he refused to engage

in my opinion theres no room for further discusion with racism because its simply racism. if it wasnt racism he would have facts to back up his statement and not just say "all you have to do is look in a walmart". theres a wal mart near where i live and its dirty as any, i shop there, and ive never seen a black person there

That's not evidence of racism; and no, saying something is racist "because it is racist" is not a valid argument.  It's an example of circular reasoning, which is a logical fallacy.

Again, please explain why saying "black women keep black women down" is racist.  And again, I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm saying that you haven't sufficiently explained why it's racist.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's not evidence of racism; and no, saying something is racist "because it is racist" is not a valid argument.  It's an example of circular reasoning, which is a logical fallacy.

Again, please explain why saying "black women keep black women down" is racist.  And again, I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm saying that you haven't sufficiently explained why it's racist.

why all the questioning for me who has been willing to answer your questions? it would make more sense to question the person who made the comment to explain their reasoning. ive explained mine. he needs to explain his. or he can just continue to hide.

his original post is a fallacy as well do i need to remind you?

23 hours ago, njbuff said:

Black women keep black women down.

All you have to do is go into a Walmart to see my point.

2 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

why all the questioning for me who has been willing to answer your questions? it would make more sense to question the person who made the comment to explain their reasoning. ive explained mine. he needs to explain his. or he can just continue to hide.

his original post is a fallacy as well do i need to remind you?

His post didn't interest me.  Yours did because I find charges of racism for the purpose of shutting down uncomfortable discussion to be incredibly problematic, and entirely counterproductive.

I'm questioning you because I'm trying to engage you about an issue that is important to me.

What he said may be incorrect, or it may be accurate.  However what he said, does not appear to be, on it's face, racist.  I'm challenging you to change my mind by presenting a coherent argument buttressing your position.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

His post didn't interest me.  Yours did because I find charges of racism for the purpose of shutting down uncomfortable discussion to be incredibly problematic, and entirely counterproductive.

I'm questioning you because I'm trying to engage you about an issue that is important to me.

What he said may be incorrect, or it may be accurate.  However what he said, does not appear to be, on it's face, racist.  I'm challenging you to change my mind by presenting a coherent argument buttressing your position.

do you find charges of being a  leftist for the purpose of shutting down an uncomfortable discussion problematic too? i was willing to discuss the comment with him. he refused and instead made a smart ass comment. he cant back up his fallacy with facts.

im not here to change anyones mind either

4 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

do you find charges of being a  leftist for the purpose of shutting down an uncomfortable discussion problematic too? i was willing to discuss the comment with him. he refused and instead made a smart ass comment. he cant back up his fallacy with facts.

im not here to change anyones mind either

I do, in fact, find that to be problematic; but it's not as systemically pervasive as weaponized charges of racism have become in our culture, so I'm content to let others fight that battle. 

You, for instance, have called out that particular canard.  Just as I am asking you to provide a clear an coherent argument supporting your charges of racism.

As to your final point, what do you believe is the point of having a political discussion if not to change someone's mind, or to have your mind changed?

Taken at face value, the comment that "black women keep black women down" points to the default understanding that a person is responsible for their own problems.

I also think, that because of the current sensitivity to diversity, any mention of race is automatically called "racist," even if it does not adhere to the dictionary definition. It's in the same spirit as California omitting race when describing persons of interest in a crime investigation, because it can be "problematic."

FYI; every time you hear someone use the word "problematic," it usually means they are full of $%#@. Think about it, they're making a fuss about something that could possibly turn into a problem if some oversensitive whiner takes it the wrong way and gets offended.

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Taken at face value, the comment that "black women keep black women down" points to the default understanding that a person is responsible for their own problems.

I also think, that because of the current sensitivity to diversity, any mention of race is automatically called "racist," even if it does not adhere to the dictionary definition. It's in the same spirit as California omitting race when describing persons of interest in a crime investigation, because it can be "problematic."

FYI; every time you hear someone use the word "problematic," it usually means they are full of $%#@. Think about it, they're making a fuss about something that could possibly turn into a problem if some oversensitive whiner takes it the wrong way and gets offended.

taken at face value it says black women cannot get ahead in life because of other black women in their life

if one wanted to say a person is responsible for their own problems what is the point of bringing race into it?