New Helmet Rule & Changes to Kickoffs Adopted

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get rid of it.

I don't need to deal with anything I will just stop watching once it gets rediculus. I will be keeping a talley on how many times Brady is sacked and they call this dumb !@#$ penalty. If it starts to determine the outcome of games the NFL will have lost a fan.

32 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't need to deal with anything I will just stop watching once it gets rediculus. I will be keeping a talley on how many times Brady is sacked and they call this dumb !@#$ penalty. If it starts to determine the outcome of games the NFL will have lost a fan.

watching sports isn't meant to be an upsetting thing, unless you have $1,000 riding on an outcome

The NFL loves to destroy itself, doesn't it?

If these calls continue in the regular season, this will kill the sport. So many people will not be watching the NFL.

The NFL trying to be politically correct will be its downfall.

Like I have stated before.......... if you are a 15 year old kid in high school............ Do you wanna be a defensive player in football. You will get flagged just for breathing on constant basis.

If these product-killing dopes refuse to understand that the human body doesn't move in a straight line during plays in an NFL game................ the will never get it.

I am already aggravated big time by this rule and if these calls continue to happen, I will not watch. I don't ever say I am not going to watch, but this thing is just plain bad

This is a real drag-me-down when it comes to being amped for the regular season to start.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:25 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ok, I agree with the ejections when the player is engaged with another defender already, but the ones where it's 1 v 1 and the offensive player is going low so the defender goes low to meet him I disagree with.

Officials have called 51 helmet rule penalties in 33 preseason games

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 21, 2018, 10:19 AM EDT

NFL officials are calling the new penalty for lowering the helmet about one and a half times per game.

The league office told PFT that through 33 preseason games, officials have called 51 fouls for the new rule. That works out to 1.5 penalties per game.

The vast majority of the penalties, 43 in all, have been called on the defense. Only eight have been called on the offense.

When the league implemented the new rule, there was some talk that it would be called only in the most flagrant of cases. But in the preseason, that hasn’t been the case: It’s called frequently, at least once in most games, and sometimes more than once in a game.

What remains to be seen is whether the officials will continue to call the rule so strictly when the regular season starts. There’s some sentiment that when the games count for real, the officials will swallow their whistles and keep their flags in their pockets. The NFL, however, insists that this new rule is necessary, and will continue to be enforced until players change the way they hit.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Officials have called 51 helmet rule penalties in 33 preseason games

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 21, 2018, 10:19 AM EDT

NFL officials are calling the new penalty for lowering the helmet about one and a half times per game.

The league office told PFT that through 33 preseason games, officials have called 51 fouls for the new rule. That works out to 1.5 penalties per game.

The vast majority of the penalties, 43 in all, have been called on the defense. Only eight have been called on the offense.

When the league implemented the new rule, there was some talk that it would be called only in the most flagrant of cases. But in the preseason, that hasn’t been the case: It’s called frequently, at least once in most games, and sometimes more than once in a game.

What remains to be seen is whether the officials will continue to call the rule so strictly when the regular season starts. There’s some sentiment that when the games count for real, the officials will swallow their whistles and keep their flags in their pockets. The NFL, however, insists that this new rule is necessary, and will continue to be enforced until players change the way they hit.

Who was the math whiz that concluded 51 calls in 33 games meant that sometimes more than once in a game it was called?

• Haha (+1) 1