Is Beane making the same mistake Whaley made?

Yeezus

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, so "really clear" means "in your opinion".  Nothing wrong with opinions, we all have 'em, but just so we're clear you're not talking about evidence.

At the end of year presser, Beane was talking about how McDermott had performed as coach and something about his having to deal with curveballs in those two trades.

I can't hunt it down right now, maybe someone else will.  MCDermott was standing beside him and kind of grimaced and made a little nod when Beane said it.

I believe Beane and McDermott both report in parallel to Pegula, which is not supportive of it being "McDermott's operation" with Beane "here for research"

Sure, we both have opinions.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I saw that when you posted.  Didn't mean it in that way.  

Well.

I will stand by my statement that the way it was worded was the dumbest thing I've seen on here

I will also say that I don't think you're an idiot, which was why it surprised me that you said that.

??

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

Using your logic McDermott running the show means he would take the blame. Meaning he would be shown the door first. They will fire Beane if McDermott runs the show improperly?

I believe McDermott would take the blame. I also believe he would survive the blame before Beane.

3 hours ago, mellaman101 said:

Who let you out of the basement and can I borrow your crystal ball when you are done crying?

This thread should have ended with this comment! Love it!

Edited by KGun12TD

3 hours ago, Yeezus said:

1. Draft a project QB in the 1st round 

2. Doesn't bring in a coach to teach project QB. Our HC has no idea how to develop a QB, our OC doesn't exactly have much experience either, and our QB coach has been a WR coach for the past 10 years. Very concerning. 

3. Draft heavy on defense (despite how much better defense was than offense). Whaley did move up for Watkins but he drafted mostly defensive players when Rex came, changed the system and drafted 3-4 players who are all gone now. 

Pretty worrying so far. Our defense def had holes to fill, but I think some people tend to forget how many games they won us this season. I can maybe think of 1 or 2 games where the defense let us down. This offense right now is not an ideal place where a rookie QB can come and learn. We have the worst line in the league by a longshot. We have 1 extremely injury prone WR and an aging RB. 

1. Whaley wasn't the GM in total control and forced to take a QB in one of the worst draft classes ever. = Nix

2. Whaley had zero control of who his coaches were. = Pegula

3. Whaley drafted to the his forced coach and forced coach scheme. = Ryan

There is zero comparison between Beane and Whaley

Edited by Real McCoy

3 hours ago, Yeezus said:

1. Draft a project QB in the 1st round 

2. Doesn't bring in a coach to teach project QB. Our HC has no idea how to develop a QB, our OC doesn't exactly have much experience either, and our QB coach has been a WR coach for the past 10 years. Very concerning. 

3. Draft heavy on defense (despite how much better defense was than offense). Whaley did move up for Watkins but he drafted mostly defensive players when Rex came, changed the system and drafted 3-4 players who are all gone now. 

Pretty worrying so far. Our defense def had holes to fill, but I think some people tend to forget how many games they won us this season. I can maybe think of 1 or 2 games where the defense let us down. This offense right now is not an ideal place where a rookie QB can come and learn. We have the worst line in the league by a longshot. We have 1 extremely injury prone WR and an aging RB. 

How dare you suggest that the Bills organization is doing essentially the same thing they've been doing for the last 20 years!  That the Bills have replaced all the old bodies with new ones proves that.  Success is foreordained because the Bills have just drafted their messiah.

//sarcasm off

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

How dare you suggest that the Bills organization is doing essentially the same thing they've been doing for the last 20 years!  That the Bills have replaced all the old bodies with new ones proves that.  Success is foreordained because the Bills have just drafted their messiah.

//sarcasm off

What do you think they should have done, pray tell ? 

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Well.

I will stand by my statement that the way it was worded was the dumbest thing I've seen on here

I will also say that I don't think you're an idiot, which was why it surprised me that you said that.

??

I was going over his resume and it just came out wrong.  I have as much to do with a washed up Brett Favre than Daboll did. :) 

• Haha (+1) 1