Has size always mattered?

Take your mind out of the gutter there for a minute....  I meant to the front office when it comes to quarterbacks.

It seemed the powers that be liked Allen as did the commenters on NFL network because he's big and strong and could throw in the Buffalo winters.  Using this logic we skipped on Russell Wilson.  

Dont get me wrong hoping and rooting for Allen to succeed and aren't putting down the pick.  However, they had their faults but arguably Flutie and Tyrod were the best 2 QBs since Jimbo

Yes, there has been a "classic prototype" in the NFL for some time now. It's not why the Bills passed on a Russel Wilson, but it IS why he didn't go in round 1. Mayfield going 1st overall was a real surprise at he's not 6'1" which seems to be the clear mark of delineation when it comes to height. I don't think that's what was the deciding factor in the Bills choice of Allen  though.  It's something teams like , to be sure . Big hands, big frame and the durability that provides are considerations. I believe there was something they really didn't like about Rosen, and Beane tried to deflect away from that when asked questions by Sullivan et al. He wasn't going to criticize Rosen, but they didn't choose Allen because of weather etc. 

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Take your mind out of the gutter there for a minute....  I meant to the front office when it comes to quarterbacks.

It seemed the powers that be liked Allen as did the commenters on NFL network because he's big and strong and could throw in the Buffalo winters.  Using this logic we skipped on Russell Wilson.  

Dont get me wrong hoping and rooting for Allen to succeed and aren't putting down the pick.  However, they had their faults but arguably Flutie and Tyrod were the best 2 QBs since Jimbo

Some women will tell you yes?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Yes, size has always “matterd“It’s not the only thing that matters, but all things being equal, in this sport it’s better to be bigger than smaller. 

Are you kidding with the second part of your post? F are you kidding with the second part of your post? Flutie was overrated  and Taylor was completely horrific. Taylor, as an NFL quarterback, is a coward, a loser and a choker.