Please God Red-Shirt Allen

Boludo

2 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The likelihood is no but there is no way it can be ruled out completely.  What if AJ gets hurt is it absolutely Peterman then?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah. If Allen isn't ready.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  What if he's ready?

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Nope, you don’t. 

Do so. 

I close my my eyes and think really hard about our raw rookie QB prospect, and an idea pops into my head:

Throwing him to the wolves in year one would be a mistake. 

POOF!

I know many will disagree, but if he was in a jogging suit, with headphones and a clipboard through the first 5 weeks, I would think it's the best thing for him. I want him as connected to Daboll as can be, so if games are called from the box, put him up there to see what Daboll sees.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Whatever. You think he starting, I don't. We'll see.

Did I say I think that? No I didn’t, I said what if he beats out McCarron and is clearly the best QB on the roster. You then said starting him would be a mistake, which you have no idea. 

At this point it’s way too early to say anything before he’s taken a snap with any of the Bills players. 

I have an idea that anyone who disagrees that Allen ought to be red shirted is objectively wrong.

The question is will coach have the balls and nerve required to actually sit him once they start 1-5. Gonna be tough.

1 minute ago, Boludo said:

I have an idea that Wayne doesn't understand how ideas work.

Cute. Or maybe you can’t read? 

It’s a fair question. You seem to think you already know he should sit before he’s taken any snaps with any of the Bills players. Notice how McDermott hasn’t said he will. Why? Because he wants to evaluate him. 

4 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Do so. 

I close my my eyes and think really hard about our raw rookie QB prospect, and an idea pops into my head:

Throwing him to the wolves in year one would be a mistake. 

POOF!

Cool, you have no idea if they would be throwing him to the wolves. 

I can close my eyes too, and see a raw QB improving over the course of OTAs, Training Camp and the Bills coaches going, woah... this kid is ready. 

See the difference, I’m not ready to make a decisions before he’s taken the field and either have the Bills coaches.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Did I say I think that? No I didn’t, I said what if he beats out McCarron and is clearly the best QB on the roster. You then said starting him would be a mistake, which you have no idea. 

At this point it’s way too early to say anything before he’s taken a snap with any of the Bills players. 

He's not going to beat out McCarron. He's not ready to play in the NFL. There's more to playing QB than throwing a ball. Also consider who else is on offense with him. It looks like the Bills are not building the offense in the draft. If McCarron sucks or gets killed out there, that's fine. You don't want to wreck Allen right off.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

The likelihood is no but there is no way it can be ruled out completely.  What if AJ gets hurt is it absolutely Peterman then?

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

8 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  What if he's ready?

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If he's ready, sure.

So Allen could be ready to play ahead of Peterman but not AJ?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

He's not going to beat out McCarron. He's not ready to play in the NFL. There's more to playing QB than throwing a ball. Also consider who what is on offense with him. It looks like the Bills are not building the offense in the draft. If McCarron sucks or gets killed or there, that's fine. You don't want to wreck Allen right off.

I’m sorry Promo but you just don’t know that, you are projecting. The Bills don’t know that either, hence why they haven’t said that he will sit or announced a starter. 

Could he end up sitting? Sure.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's not going to beat out McCarron. He's not ready to play in the NFL. There's more to playing QB than throwing a ball. Also consider who else is on offense with him. It looks like the Bills are not building the offense in the draft. If McCarron sucks or gets killed out there, that's fine. You don't want to wreck Allen right off.

Who even knows what McCarron is?  Is he ready?

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

So Allen could be ready to play ahead of Peterman but not AJ?

Stop playing games. The depth chart is 1) McCarron 2) Peterman 3) Allen. If McCarron gets injured, Peterman plays, not Allen.

Your asked what if Allen was ready? That's like asking what if the sky is orange? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would hope that even if he is CLEARLY better than McCarron, they still roll McCarron out there. That offensive line as things stand is garbage. Sure, maybe they sign Joeckel and Robinson or something dramatic and the landscape could change.

I just HATE the thought of the kid running for his life will our sieve line lets greedy pass rushers gobble him up for sack after crippling sack. I feel like that is the sort of situation that permanently affects a developing QBs mindset and play and can legitimately ruin his long term development.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Stop playing games. The depth chart is 1) McCarron 2) Peterman 3) Allen. If McCarron gets injured, Peterman plays, not Allen.

Your asked what if Allen was ready? That's like asking what if the sky is orange? 

I'm not playing games.  You seem convinced that there is no way Allen plays.  I'm just saying the guy you've got listed as #1 on your depth chart has thrown 133 regular season passes and you've seen #2 in action.  Now, that being said I also hope that AJ can be a productive starter but if he struggles we all saw last year that McDermott will not hesitate to pull the plug.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I'm not playing games.  You seem convinced that there is no way Allen plays.  I'm just saying the guy you've got listed as #1 on your depth chart has thrown 133 regular season passes and you've seen #2 in action.  Now, that being said I also hope that AJ can be a productive starter but if he struggles we all saw last year that McDermott will not hesitate to pull the plug.

McCarron is here to absorb punishment.

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sent you the pics of orange sky?

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LeSean McCoy

Charles Clay

Kelvin Benjamin

Zay Jones

I understand nobody thinks much of these guys (outside of Shady), but with our QB situation, Buffalo was the place WR's went to die. I bet with a capable QB, Benjamin, Clay, and Jones take a step up. I also think we use McCoy a bit more as well.

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are insane.

Edited by What a Tuel