Brett Favre college stats

7 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

The game has definitely changed since then.  

How so,  completion percentage is completion percentage. Has not changed since 1920 when the NFL started. Give me a break and stop making excuses. Allen is going to be a super QB and take us to a Super Bowl win. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

Do your homework.  Favre was going to be a Heisman finalist until he got in a car wreck.  Played at a small school (Southern Miss) but beat teams like Alabama, Auburn, Georgia.  Completion percentage numbers might look the same, but they are not comparable college players.

41 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

How so,  completion percentage is completion percentage. Has not changed since 1920 when the NFL started. Give me a break and stop making excuses. Allen is going to be a super QB and take us to a Super Bowl win. 

Its ok to root for Allen, and I will, but to sit and act like the league hasn’t changed is simply ignorant.  Do you think Sam Bradford is a generational talent because his 70% completion percentage a couple years ago?  Of course you don’t, because the league has changed.  

In 1995, Steve Young led the league with a completion percentage of 66%.  At that time, it was the 7th best all-time.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_single_season_1995.htm

Where does that rank now?  I’ll answer that for you.  It is now 61st in league history for a season.  So 54 times since 1995, a qb has completed over 66% of his passes, and you’re gonna tell me the league hasn’t changed and completion % is completion %?  Get out of here with that crap.  

Edited by billsfan5121
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Lower completion %s were common when the D could pummel. grab, push receivers. Go look at the college completion % for the best QBs in the 60s to 90s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Doing it twice in 7 years is considered routine?

No one used to do it besides Dan Marino!  It’s a completely differently league.  Brett Farve’s numbers would look way different in today’s college football.  

And Farve wasn’t a top 10 pick that got traded up for. He was a 2nd rounder who had problems. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Lower completion %s were common when the D could pummel. grab, push receivers. Go look at the college completion % for the best QBs in the 60s to 90s.

Agreed.   I wonder if some people on this board even watch football...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

It also helps that Favre had Holmgren, Reid, Mooch, and Gruden all coaching him up in those early years in Green Bay. Hopefully Allen is given every opportunity to succeed with the coaching staff at hand.

Favre was a complete idiot when he came into the league. He would have gone the way of Jonny Manziel were it not for the times, no social media, and most importantly, the Greenbay coaches.

Of course he was insanely talented to boot.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are comparing qbs from 25 years ago? And Farve was a second round pick who was an alcoholic.  No one used to pass for 4,000 yards.  Now, Andy Dalton routinely does this.  It is a 100% different game.  You need to compare contemporaries.

They won'y understand you. You can't respond to emotion with logic. Obviously the game has changed. Even worse, Favre is a legend but far from the norm. For every Favre there's a JP Losman or Jamarcus Russell. RG3 is likely getting cut after being out of the league last year. Manziel is likely playing in Canada. But we're too good for Tyrod Taylor or Josh Rosen. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Robotulism said:

Allen sucks and crapped the bed last season when he knew he was top 5 consideration. 

50% completion percentage against good competition. Wildly missing open receivers. But, but, but he can throw the ball hard.