Pierson Prioleau gone

VABills

I can see Josh Reed being shown the door. It would be a reasonable cap savings for a underachiever. If Sam Aiken so much as flounders and this position isn't drafted, then give Drew Haddad a whirl for a 3rd WR. I had a short phone conversation with him thru a family member who knows him. I was impressed with how intelligent the dude was.

Anybody have a prediction and/or a replacement?

274584[/snapback]

Haddad isn't even under contract and don't expect him to be re-signed. In terms of Reed, I think you're way off. As next year he's in the final year of this contract and only making 455k. In terms of the 3rd WR spot no doubt they'll be a competition between Reed and Aiken but suspect both will make the final roster unless we bring in a vet for close to the minimum. In looking at the list of UFA WRs some guys that I would consider include Jerome Pathon, Charles Lee and Troy Edwards.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haddad isn't even under contract and don't expect him to be re-signed. In terms of Reed, I think you're way off. As next year he's in the final year of this contract and only making 455k. In terms of the 3rd WR spot no doubt they'll be a competition between Reed and Aiken but suspect both will make the final roster unless we bring in a vet for close to the minimum. In looking at the list of UFA WRs some guys that I would consider include Jerome Pathon, Charles Lee and Troy Edwards.

274605[/snapback]

Honestly, I can see Reed stepping it up. The phrases "contract year" and "new QB" come to mind.

But we robots are infallible...

We have AMD processors, so nothing can possibly go wrong possibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrongpossibly go wrong

Honestly, I can see Reed stepping it up.  The phrases "contract year" and "new QB" come to mind.

274616[/snapback]

Good point.....I'm interested to see how all of our receivers react to the new QB. Should be veddy, veddy intereSTINK.

I personally Liked Pierson. I think he was a good st teams and a decent ss backup. Better than coy wire anyway. He could lay the lumber and had a knack for making plays especially in blitz packages in nickle and dime defenses. I understand not being worth his contract, but given the choice between Coy Wire and Pierson Prioleau I'd choose the latter anyday.

Now a few other things

We're dangerously thin at our depth for safety positions and this isn't good considering Vincents penchant the past few years for getting injured. Although I like Rashad Baker. The kids a playmaker and makes a fine backup and eventualy starter at fs. Coy wire on the other hand blows goats <not in the literal sense>. He's pretty much useless, despite what some say about his st play. He can't tackle, he can't cover, he has no speed or hands. He's not even a good backup. So Safety is definitly an area we should address in the draft. If wire is on this team next year I'll be suprised and disapointed.

Unlike some others I am worried about a #3 wr. It's a glaring week spot, and despite others hope for Josh reed. $100 says reed will be our 5th wr by the begining of the season aiken at #3 and Johnathan smith at #4. I'd like this position to be upgraded during the draft or free agency but it's not as important as te.

Where and how we address the te issue I don't know. I guess it depends how we address the oline first. I truly believe the best friend a young quaterback can have is a good te. They're more important than even a #3 wr, as they're usually on the field more. Te's are essential in todays game, and the best teams usually have guys who can make plays at that position. Some teams even have 2.

Like the Eagles. Chad Lewis and LJ Smith. The Pats Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria. The Colts Marcus Pollard and Dallas clark. The chargers Antonio Gates, The Falcons Alge Crumpler. The Chiefs Tony Gonzalez and blocking te Jason Dunn, not to mention 2nd rd pick kris wilson. Green Bays Bubbah Franks

The list goes on and on. our te's don't touch any of those players listed, although I like Euhu's "potential" thats a dangerous word to use especially with a young quaterback. I'd like to see Losman given every chance to succeed but we're dangerously thin at offensive weapons.

Total kudos to the Jokeman! I'm a droid; I just report info, I can't do what you humans call "think"! If I could think, I would question my coach's decision on a coin flip, for example.

Also, I hesitate to agree that Reed will profit from a more mobile QB. Reed's attraction in college was that he led the NCAA in YAC yards. His problem IMHO has been gaining separation before the catch. I'm not seeing how a scrambling QB will help this. Anyone?

Total kudos to the Jokeman! I'm a droid; I just report info, I can't do what you humans call "think"! If I could think, I would question my coach's decision on a coin flip, for example.

Also, I hesitate to agree that Reed will profit from a more mobile QB. Reed's attraction in college was that he led the NCAA in YAC yards. His problem IMHO has been gaining separation before the catch. I'm not seeing how a scrambling QB will help this. Anyone?

274657[/snapback]

Strangely, Tyke Tolbert stated in an interview during the season that Reed was our best receiver at gaining separation from his defender. Hmmmm.

Sorry The Jokeman, I didn't see that. What happen was I posted a thread and it landed up as a response to this thread. I didn't look at the previous responses that were before my inadverted one.

I agree with GuessWhozBack21 with your opinion on the need at S and TE position. I would love for us to walk away from this draft with SS Ernest Shazor and TE Mat Jones. I realize it would take an awful lot of finagling to do this, but then again TD seems to find a way when he wants.

Sorry The Jokeman, I didn't see that. What happen was I posted a thread and it landed up as a response to this thread. I didn't look at the previous responses that were before my inadverted one.

I agree with GuessWhozBack21 with your opinion on the need at S and TE position. I would love for us to walk away from this draft  with SS Ernest Shazor and TE Mat Jones. I realize it would take an awful lot of finagling to do this, but then again TD seems to find a way when he wants.

274674[/snapback]

Um, hate to break it to ya, but I mentioned Jerome Pathon back on February 7th! :lol:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=S...t=0#entry231772

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2013066

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills released Pierson Prioleau on Monday after the backup safety rejected the team's offer to restructure his contract.

Prioleau, a six-year NFL veteran, was scheduled to make a $1.25 million base salary in the final year of a four-year deal with the Bills next season.

Prioleau's agent, Brian Mackler, said Buffalo offered his client a new three-year deal, which included restructuring the final year of his current contract. But Prioleau turned it down, hoping to find a better opportunity with another team.

Mackler described the Bills' offer as fair, but Prioleau was willing to explore his options after being relegated to mostly special teams last season. After starting a career-high 16 games with Buffalo in 2002, Prioleau had only two starts last season.

His playing time was expected to drop even further after the Bills shifted veteran cornerback Troy Vincent to safety late last season.

Mackler didn't rule out Prioleau re-signing with the Bills.

The Bills also re-signed backup tight end Ryan Neufeld. He had a career-high five starts in 16 games last season, taking over after the Bills lost starter Mark Campbell and backup Tim Euhus to knee injuries. Finishing with six catches for 61 yards, Neufeld showed versatility, capable of playing fullback and special teams.

With Campbell and Euhus still recuperating, the Bills were in need of bolstering their depth at the position.

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index