Building this franchise right- CB,LT,QB,QB of defense

I'm a very happy Bills fan at the moment and it goes back to last year's rookie class. We add a stud CB and LT last year, come back and add potential franchise QBs of the O and D. 

They essentially took care of the most important positions for years to come. 

I can feel the confidence oozing off this staff , they are extremely intelligent football guys that have a clear cut vision of how they want this team to look and are laying that foundation. All about building a TEAM and not a collection of talent and when you have that, sky is the limit. 

Go Bills baby! I think all of us are in for another golden era of Bills football..

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm a very happy Bills fan at the moment and it goes back to last year's rookie class. We add a stud CB and LT last year, come back and add potential franchise QBs of the O and D. 

They essentially took care of the most important positions for years to come. 

I can feel the confidence oozing off this staff , they are extremely intelligent football guys that have a clear cut vision of how they want this team to look and are laying that foundation. All about building a TEAM and not a collection of talent and when you have that, sky is the limit. 

Go Bills baby! I think all of us are in for another golden era of Bills football..

Finally, someone not bashing bills brass or Allen. Thank you, I too am very excited for how this is shaping out. Allen has tons of potential and Edmunds at 16 is amazing! Yes we trade some picks but, they got the guys they wanted and did not part with future draft picks.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Finally, someone not bashing bills brass or Allen. Thank you, I too am very excited for how this is shaping out. Allen has tons of potential and Edmunds at 16 is amazing! Yes we trade some picks but, they got the guys they wanted and did not part with future draft picks.

I remember hearing cpl months  ago, I believe on WGR  , that the Bills looked at Allen as Cam Newton 2.0... No offense to the Rosen lovers, but I'm trusting Beane and his guys opinion ! 

And Edmunds, man I didn't realize how much of a physical specimen he was, going to be a pleasure to watch him all over that field after years of watching P Brown who played like he had cement in his shoes

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I remember hearing this morning that ago, I believe on WGR  , that the Bills looked at Allen as Cam Newton 2.0... No offense to the Rosen lovers, but I'm trusting Beane and his guys opinion ! 

And Edmunds, man I didn't realize how much of a physical specimen he was, going to be a pleasure to watch him all over that field after years of watching P Brown who played like he had cement in his shoes

I also see Cam Newton level upside for Allen - and DerekAnderson downside.

Management is world better from GM to HC than previous incarnations, but judging players after 1 year is premature. 2-3 years is more appropriate and I know that doesn't mesh with the "now" mindset most fans have.

Tre White played well last year, as did Dawkins. Now it's time to see if they can carry it over into their 2nd season when expectations are higher. 

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

And yet the "collection of talent" of 2014 and "TEAM" of 2017 both had a 9-7 record.

And look at the difference in talent level,  that team bonding instilled last year got what many thought to be a 4-6 win team to 9 wins... That's a big credit to McD and Beane that they notched out 9 wins with the talent level we had.

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Management is world better from GM to HC than previous incarnations, but judging players after 1 year is premature. 2-3 years is more appropriate and I know that doesn't mesh with the "now" mindset most fans have.

Tre White played well last year, as did Dawkins. Now it's time to see if they can carry it over into their 2nd season when expectations are higher. 

I completely agree but I'd bet my house, barring injury, that Tre White is going to be a super elite CB for years to come. But I totally agree with your point.

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

And look at the difference in talent level,  that team bonding instilled last year got what many thought to be a 4-6 win team to 9 wins... That's a big credit to McD and Beane that they notched out 9 wins with the talent level we had.

Eh, it was great they finished a game over .500, and breaking the drought was huge, but they caused the dearth of talent on the roster, and for that, the jury is still out on them.

In the end, they'll rise and fall with the Allen pick, regardless of nonsense about culture or process.  They've bet a lot on a QB with real accuracy issues, when accuracy is the top skill a QB possesses in the modern NFL.

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

Eh, it was great they finished a game over .500, and breaking the drought was huge, but they caused the dearth of talent on the roster, and for that, the jury is still out on them.

In the end, they'll rise and fall with the Allen pick, regardless of nonsense about culture or process.  They've bet a lot on a QB with real accuracy issues, when accuracy is the top skill a QB possesses in the modern NFL.

I agree , it's no secret accuracy was his biggest knock. I can't explain why , but I know I've never felt this confident in our talent evaluators and they must be very confident they can work on that flaw. Every QB had flaws,they obviously feel his is fixable and I have complete faith in their judgement. The upside is undeniable...

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree , it's no secret accuracy was his biggest knock. I can't explain why , but I know I've never felt this confident in our talent evaluators and they must be very confident they can work on that flaw. Every QB had flaws,they obviously feel his is fixable and I have complete faith in their judgement. The upside is undeniable...

I hope your confidence is well-placed.  It would be awesome to see a guy like Allen throw the ball around the field with accuracy.  Fixing a QB's mechanics is just near-impossible in the NFL.

13 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

I hope your confidence is well-placed.  It would be awesome to see a guy like Allen throw the ball around the field with accuracy.  Fixing a QB's mechanics is just near-impossible in the NFL.

Extremely difficult 

But didn't Wentz have similar concerns?

I know there are countless others who didn't pan out but it's definitely possible and this staff must be very confident they can correct those issues.