Would 2 #1's Be More Enticing Than 2 #1's ??

T master

47 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Or he expects his listeners to take the information and process it instead of rage because their team isn't being propped up in his message. If a team that is trading with the Bills sees them as being this years Houston and not KC how do you suppose they would value that 19th first.

If you interpret what I wrote as "rage because their team isn't being propped up in his message" I think you need to

1) work on your reading comprehension

2) work on processing the information yourself

-It is a fact that teams continue to grade players after round 1.  So even if it's true that teams see only 20 true 1st round talents this year, it's objectively untrue that teams would view 22 as equivalent to 52.  There would still be a better choice of 2nd round talents.  They are still not the same

-A team that disses the Bills and sees them as absolutely "this year's Houston" drafting at #4, and therefore values 2019 1st round >>>> 2018 #22, is a team FO with whom I'd like to play poker**, not because I'm all rageful they're dissing "my boys" but because objectively, pre-season predictions of team performance (especially pre-draft) have a low probability of accuracy.  I'll play the odds I can accurately predict and clean their clocks.

**and in the ordinary way, I would NOT play poker with an NFL GM because I'd get taken

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Going from 12 to 4 is a whole lot different than 12 to 2.  To get to #2 it will take 12, 22, and next years #1.  To get to #4, I think you could give up 12, 53, and 65.  That still leaves 22, a second, and a third this year and next year's first.  I would be perfectly fine with 12, 22, and 65 for #4 if Allen or Rosen are still on the board.  That still leaves two seconds, a third, and next years #1.  In fact I think that will be the deal made but it will be with the Broncos at #5 again if Allen or Rosen are still there.  If the Giants take a QB, it will be LB at #12 and Rudolph at 22.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you interpret what I wrote as "rage because their team isn't being propped up in his message" I think you need to

1) work on your reading comprehension

2) work on processing the information yourself

-It is a fact that teams continue to grade players after round 1.  So even if it's true that teams see only 20 true 1st round talents this year, it's objectively untrue that teams would view 22 as equivalent to 52.  There would still be a better choice of 2nd round talents.  They are still not the same

-A team that disses the Bills and sees them as absolutely "this year's Houston" drafting at #4, and therefore values 2019 1st round >>>> 2018 #22, is a team FO with whom I'd like to play poker**, not because I'm all rageful they're dissing "my boys" but because objectively, pre-season predictions of team performance (especially pre-draft) have a low probability of accuracy.  I'll play the odds I can accurately predict and clean their clocks.

**and in the ordinary way, I would NOT play poker with an NFL GM because I'd get taken

FWIW you can get lines on win totals, 5 dimes has the Bills -2.5 games so 7 wins would make you money.

You know what Breer meant, of course they continue grading players outside the first round. 22 isn't going to make or break a deal up to the 2nd pick. It's going to be 12, 22, 2019 1st. 

NFL GMs have big bucks, I'd love getting in a game of poker with them. Just pick on the weak ones. :)

6 hours ago, kdiggz said:

A future pick is valued as 1 round lower. So a future 1st is viewed like a 2nd round pick in this draft

this is usually the case, but if cleveland is pretty sure buffalo will stink this year, next year's pick could be a top five pick for them. it is an intriguing question, and i think it would come down to how much of a gambler their gm is.