Draft Plans and Food Ideas

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm..gotta be honest..that does sound like a lot of fun either:lol:

Lol. I couldnt care less about anything other than the draft. We wait all year for it. We try to watch every min open to close. Do mocks before each round. Beer pong table usually ends up coming out( who am I kidding its always out.) Lots of drinking games. 

I couldnt sit in a bar or around a bunch of people. I need to hear and see what's going on. I can talk to people any other day.

54 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Lol. I couldnt care less about anything other than the draft. We wait all year for it. We try to watch every min open to close. Do mocks before each round. Beer pong table usually ends up coming out( who am I kidding its always out.) Lots of drinking games. 

I couldnt sit in a bar or around a bunch of people. I need to hear and see what's going on. I can talk to people any other day.

I have always been the exact opposite..never even watched one round of the draft till they put in on Thursday night. This will be the first year I ever watch with a group, and if we go out I do want it to be someplace with sound...not interested in being in a bar environment with music in the background that's for darn sure.

I do know I will not watch one minute on Saturday!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have always been the exact opposite..never even watched one round of the draft till they put in on Thursday night. This will be the first year I ever watch with a group, and if we go out I do want it to be someplace with sound...not interested in being in a bar environment with music in the background that's for darn sure.

I do know I will not watch one minute on Saturday!

Lol my job has half a page of rules just dedicated to me missing work for the draft. I have to come up with new excuses every year. Not allowed to pay anyone to cover shifts, must prove you have kids, no tvs allowed on floor, not allowed to manage from home. There's a few more I can't remember off the top of my head

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of recipes, I have the “From the Bills Grill” Cookbook from the late 80s (signed by Billy Shaw). I was looking through and there was a recipe for Minnestone Soup submitted by Dave Gettleman, Area Scout. Hmmmm lm all about good omens so might make it for Thursday. 

There are also a few recipes submitted by Frank Reich if we can’t get to 2...

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expected more recipes. Slackers. 

Tell ya what, have been using this recipe for a while now. Not for a party, but wife and i will make a couple of these with differnt toppings, and for a quick, easy pizza, we love them. Now I buy the biggest burrito tortillas I can find, and use a 12 inch cast. I also place the cast in the oven and preheat to 400, that way even heat across the entire pan.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/cast-iron-pizza-tortilla-video-recipe-food-lab.html?utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=aug17

We use prosciutto, fig and shitakes as one of  our faves, 

• Like (+1) 1