Alabama LB Rashaan Evans Will Have a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We're both right. All of that went into Rex's firing. But Rex has said he had the phone call with Pegula and TP wanted to move on. That was as far back as 2016. The HC wanted him last year because there wasnt any better alternatives on short notice in FA, and he wasnt going to use Whaley to draft a QB.

edit: All that said, I dont want to derail thread into another QB discussion.

Anyone have a 40 time on Evans?

4.65 2015

4.60 2016

4.75 2017

He skipped the 40 at the Combine and during his 2nd Pro Day.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He’s not known for his elite speed, but rather for diagnosing plays pre-snap and having great pursuit.

He'd be more a replacement for Alexander outside than Brown inside. No? So maybe my Kuechly/Ragland comparison isnt fair.

Smith seems to be better suited for MIKE although Evans can also play the position. Evans can play outside too, so he is more versitile. 

Evans and Smith have different skill sets. Smith is probably better suited for the Bills’ defense and is probably more the type of player they are looking for, but if Evans is available at 22, l think he would be a great pick. Smith won’t last that long.

Evans seems quicker and more athletic than Ragland to me.

Edited by Sky Diver

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Smith seems to be better suited for MIKE although Evans can also play the position. Evans can play outside too, so he is more versitile. 

Evans and Smith have different skill sets. Smith is probably better suited for the Bills’ defense and is probably more the type of player they are looking for, but if Evans is available at 22, l think he would be a great pick. Smith won’t last that long.

Evans seems quicker and more athletic than Ragland to me.

That's what I think too.  I think Ragland found a good home in KC as a 3-4 ILB.  I think he will have a solid career there.

I'm not huge on 40's for MLB unless it's ridiculously slow....quickness and instincts can overcome that.

• Like (+1) 1

I would say no to Evans, Bama lbs are surrounded with so much talent at other positions, it helps them look really good. He is also kind of slow. Smith, Edmunds, then Vander Esch before Evans for me.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

He’s not known for his elite speed, but rather for diagnosing plays pre-snap and having great pursuit.

Having a defensive line keep you clean helps a lot.