Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

1. QB Josh Rosen, UCLA

Where He Wins: Play after play a coach knows what he is getting from a footwork, mechanics and technique standpoint. Ideal pocket passer in terms of working inside of structure with timing to locate the correct read and deliver the ball. Willing to attack every level of the defense and deliver footballs just before being hit. Rosen can rifle passes into tight windows or put touch on throws when necessary. Will make subtle movements inside of structure to find space in the pocket. He sees the field better than any other quarterback in this class.

Forecast: I don’t know Rosen’s medicals (shoulder and head). I have never met Josh Rosen. But in life generally, I appreciate people who speak their mind and display self-awareness. There will be a team at the top of the draft who clicks with Rosen. Many successful young quarterbacks in the NFL possess above average mobility. I don’t think Rosen offers that.

I wouldn't mind a 12+22, and a 3rd next year for Rosen at 6. The Bills land a top QB prospect, keep most of their draft capital in 2019 (I think you can live with not having a 3rd esp considering you have 2 4th round picks), and still have picks 53, 56, 65, and 96 to fill other needs. 

I think for the Colts you set the table with picks 12, 22, 36, 37, 49, and 67 while having extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd next year. That's a haul of picks in 2 consecutive draft classes. 

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Brooks’s explanation for why the Giants will turn down a boatload of picks to stay at 2 and take Chubb is not very convincing.  If they do that, gettleman is just not very smart.

So you wouldn’t even  be willing to give Allen a chance to suit up before you write him off, along with the entire Bills organization?  Even though many have Allen going number 1 overall?  Seems like an absurdly pig-headed stance....

Absurdly pig headed, are you kidding me? First of all idc who has him rated where, I formulate my own opinions. You are going off what the media is telling you and coming at me with this nonsense.

Formulate your own opinions before you bash someone for taking a stance on their opinions.

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nice to hear a ringing endorsement of Rosen by Stanford HC David Shaw. 

I really think, any negative reports about Rosen are either teams hoping he falls, or have front offices afraid of a player who isnt afraid to ask why.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This development would be very disheartening. They just traded away Jimmy G with Brady's career winding down and if they pull this off. :sick:

Ugh, yes it would. It seems an eternity already. Could Gronkowski be the difference that gets a deal done for the Pats ? What can they offer that the Bills cannot trump? He' d be worth more than any pick the Bills could throw in to a move-up bid. 

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ugh, yes it would. It seems an eternity already. Could Gronkowski be the difference that gets a deal done for the Pats ? What can they offer that the Bills cannot trump? He' d be worth more than any pick the Bills could throw in to a move-up bid. 

He’s not worth more than pick 12 and probably not worth more than pick 22. He’s an injury prone TE with 1 foot out the retirement door and showing signs of decline in his play, not to mention an off field distraction. If the Pats are selling him, teams know there’s a reason. 

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Noooooooo!

Ok I don't like this obviously, but I'm trying to stay positive. The Pats liking him probably means that Daboll is banging the table for him, so that gives me some hope that he is indeed our target. We have way more ammo than any team behind us to try to grab him. I think we have an agreement in place with the Giants based on who is there and if that falls through, probably the Broncos, Colts, or Bucs. Jason Licht at Tampa is a former NE crony, so that is not great obviously. 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Da webster guy said:

Cordy Glenn is not a key starter, and Wood has an experienced backup in Groy.   I'm not freaking out about Olinemen. 

Richie hurt, but that's all.   John Miller at LG?  He was a beast late season his rookie year.    Where are ya Johnny?

Im agreeing with you on this one. As much as I loved Wood he wasn't spectacular last year at all, groy will do just fine. Cordy didn't even play last year. Will miss Richie but we do have Miller who 2 years ago we all loved! I think they add an interior lineman and a T late to compete with turnstile mills and the other guy they brought in

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

Im agreeing with you on this one. As much as I loved Wood he wasn't spectacular last year at all, groy will do just fine. Cordy didn't even play last year. Will miss Richie but we do have Miller who 2 years ago we all loved! I think they add an interior lineman and a T late to compete with turnstile mills and the other guy they brought in

Everything is Fine?  No. No it isn't.  Bodine as it stands will be Wood's replacement at C with Groy now listed as a G.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Everything is Fine?  No. No it isn't.  Bodine as it stands will be Wood's replacement at C with Groy now listed as a G.

they have bodine and groy to battle at c and mills and groy to battle at g, plus I think they add some lineman in the draft possibly in the 2nd. I think well be ok. Can it be upgraded yea but can we get by for next year with what we got yea

3 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

they have bodine and groy to battle at c and mills and groy to battle at g, plus I think they add some lineman in the draft possibly in the 2nd. I think well be ok. Can it be upgraded yea but can we get by for next year with what we got yea

Groy is listed a a G on the Bills website since Incognito retired. Bodine hasn't been very good, so I'm not sure how you can rest on we'll be fine.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Groy is listed a a G on the Bills website since Incognito retired. Bodine hasn't been very good, so I'm not sure how you can rest on we'll be fine.

Bodine is one of the lowest rated pivots for years. I'm actually hoping we draft a center in the second or third. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Honestly not worried about it at all. im fine with Groy at guard and I haven't watched a center from another team play all that often so im assuming you watched him play to know hes not that good? If hes that bad id assume they address it in the draft. Our line was supposed to be bad last year and it worked out. I think if you get the right guys to work together on the line then they can succeed even if they failed on other teams. If im wrong and our new qb gets faceplanted 10x game 1 ill start to worry. right now We just still got time to add through the draft and FA

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

Honestly not worried about it at all. im fine with Groy at guard and I haven't watched a center from another team play all that often so im assuming you watched him play to know hes not that good? If hes that bad id assume they address it in the draft. Our line was supposed to be bad last year and it worked out. I think if you get the right guys to work together on the line then they can succeed even if they failed on other teams. If im wrong and our new qb gets faceplanted 10x game 1 ill start to worry. right now We just still got time to add through the draft and FA

Okay. Everything is fine.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have to invest in the OL you would think. 

I def think they will, but I also look back at the Panthers and they only had one first round OL starting. The others were mid round to UDFA. Moton was the highest drafted O Linemen for Carolina in the second round last year, in a handful of years.