Mason Rudolph could be the steal of the 2018 QB draft and has the most to prove per Bettis...

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought there were some interesting comparisons between Rudolph’s draft profile and Jimmy G’s. Rudolph is bigger (6’5 vs 6’2 and slightly faster 4.9 vs 4.97). Similar offenses in college though Rudolph went against higher level competition. Eastern Illinois ran a JV version of the Baylor Offense. Both put up 5000 yards in a season and started 3+ years (both played at least some games as a true freshman). Both can see their deep balls hang a bit. Both had underrated athleticism in the pocket. 

the issue is that Jimmy G was not ready to start as a rookie. When he played, he was clearly a work in progress. It took him 2-3 years behind Brady and under Josh McDaniels to look like an nfl starter. Rudolph could be the next Jimmy G,  but it won’t likely happen in Buffalo. They don’t have the luxury of waiting that long and they don’t have the QB for him to learn under. I think he’s a viable QB of the future for a team looking to groom someone but not for a team like the Browns, Jets, Bills. I actually think the NYG could take him if they trade down with the Bills. He’s a Schurmer type. 

Great points, and I'd add that Rudolph is already very familiar with the Manning family, which might make it even easier for him to learn under Eli. Might be less of a chance of the old vet shutting out the kid who is taking his job. For whatever that's all worth.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great points, and I'd add that Rudolph is already very familiar with the Manning family, which might make it even easier for him to learn under Eli. Might be less of a chance of the old vet shutting out the kid who is taking his job. For whatever that's all worth.

True and I don’t think he will be looked like an immediate threat as if it was Rosen or Darnold taken at 2. I listened to the Adam Schefter podcast with Gettleman from late March and he seemed in no hurry to move on from Eli. 

8 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

In a perfect world he would have been our OC. He has the kind of track record with QBs that makes me salivate. 

Cheers,

Alex.

He’s a good OC ... was a really bad HC in Cleveland. But then again, who isn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think anyone of this board, or any fan, that has  negativity on Rudolph hasn't done  too much studying on his game. The narrative on him is what many non-informed people will go with. He's Bryce Petty part deux, he's a system QB, doesn't have ideal arm strength, and is only a one-read QB is a bunch of non-sense IMO. Rudolph is a very good prospect for several reasons.

• First, he's a captain and a 4-year starter for a power conference team
  • Second, he's a winner, a leader, a hard-worker, tough, and many other intangibles that you need to have at this position. 
  • Third, Rudolph is a very accurate passer, especially with his deep ball. His completion percentage went up every year at OSU.
  • Forth, we could get him at 12, and maybe even at 22. We'd be able to draft him, and take care of other needs.  
  • Fifth, IMO, he would've gone much higher in this draft, but since he didn't play in  the Senior Bowl, that hurt his stock alot IMO

18 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

I think anyone of this board, or any fan, that has  negativity on Rudolph hasn't done  too much studying on his game. The narrative on him is what many non-informed people will go with. He's Bryce Petty part deux, he's a system QB, doesn't have ideal arm strength, and is only a one-read QB is a bunch of non-sense IMO. Rudolph is a very good prospect for several reasons.

• First, he's a captain and a 4-year starter for a power conference team
  • Second, he's a winner, a leader, a hard-worker, tough, and many other intangibles that you need to have at this position. 
  • Third, Rudolph is a very accurate passer, especially with his deep ball. His completion percentage went up every year at OSU.
  • Forth, we could get him at 12, and maybe even at 22. We'd be able to draft him, and take care of other needs.  
  • Fifth, IMO, he would've gone much higher in this draft, but since he didn't play in  the Senior Bowl, that hurt his stock alot IMO

About arm speed ...

DeShaun Watson, timed at 45 MPH

Nate Peterman, timed at 52 MPH

Pat Mahomes, timed at 55 MPH

AJ McCarron, timed at 52 MPH
Wentz/Goff, timed around 56-57
Kellen Moore, timed around 52 (widely thought to have a poor arm)
Russell WIlson, timed at 55
Tyrod Taylor, timed at 50

Logan Thomas (our TE), timed at 60
Colt (no arm) McCoy, timed at 56
Dak Prescott, timed at 54

Mitch Trubisky, timed at 51

2018:
Allen, 62

Mayfield, 60

Rosen, 58

White, 54
Rudolph, Lauletta, Falk, Woodside, 52

Jackson, 49

Either arm speed makes a difference or it doesn't. It's been said - and it's obviously wrong - that while throwing fast doesn't mean you can be successful, throwing less than 55 is likely you are a failure. Anybody here not want DeShaun Watson, Mitch Trubisky or Dak Prescott? By that measure, then Lamar Jackson is a waste of a draft. He won't go anywhere (anywhere that DeShaun Watson hasn't gone.)

OTOH, if you are talking $hit about AJM and Nate Peterman, stop talking up the Rudolph/Lauletta line. You might as well not draft a QB at all. 

It doesn't matter how fast you throw.
YOU JUST NEED TO GET IT THERE BEFORE THE DB GETS THERE.