Mason Rudolph could be the steal of the 2018 QB draft and has the most to prove per Bettis...

Watching his tapes on Youtube in big games and high pressure situations...  I think this guy is MUCH better than Allen.  Nobody is going to know until he gets a couple of season under his belt but he does have the most to prove...  I was listening to Jerome Bettis at his restaurant in Pittsburgh and his pick for the Bills was Mason and the Bills keep their pics for their rebuild.  Bettis said some great things about Buffalo and said after next years FA and their cap they will be the team of the AFC in 2020.    His only complaints about the Bills was the time to award the fans of Buffalo with a new stadium.

If your in the Pittsburgh area, make a point to visit his restaurant and grab a steak!  Very good food and the guy is always there greeting you and talking sports.  His fav is hockey and this guy knows EVERY goon who ever played the game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The thing that personally I dont love about this cat is that for every excellent NFL style throw, he has a throw that wlda been picked or knocked down in the NFL- but he was saved by his receiver making a play for him. There doesnt seem to be a ton of anticipation throwing and I cant tell how many reads he is progressing through if any with any regularity. Maybe these are things he learns, but I dont get the same fuzzy feeling watching his highlights as Sam and even either josh.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

The thing that personally I dont love about this cat is that for every excellent NFL style throw, he has a throw that wlda been picked or knocked down in the NFL- but he was saved by his receiver making a play for him. There doesnt seem to be a ton of anticipation throwing and I cant tell how many reads he is progressing through if any with any regularity. Maybe these are things he learns, but I dont get the same fuzzy feeling watching his highlights as Sam and even either josh.

True.  Not as much zip on the ball in a lot of his highlights.

19 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

The man has a lot of process in him.  I just saw his white board session with mariucci on NFL Network.  Did anyone see it yet?

Sharp kid

Very “process”

As an aside, Mayfield played hurt too 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Magox said:

If the Bills can't get Rosen or Mayfield then trading back from 12 a few spots to get Rudolph as a plan C would be good with me.

Can’t get too cute...while you’re trading back another team will be busy trading up and then you’re left with nothing...if you want him, probably best to take him at 12.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

The man has a lot of process in him.  I just saw his white board session with mariucci on NFL Network.  Did anyone see it yet?

Damn.

Gonna look for more of these.

I'd like to see the other guys

Mayfield did solid on it as well, not as sure of himself since he's learning wco

Kizer from last year aced it too, fwiw

Edited by SouthNYfan
Added
  • Like (+1) 1

Came into this year thinking he'd be the #1 qb by years end.  I think his stature and body of work is extremely impressive, however think he is more suited for a Air Coryell type offense.  

As an sude, the cadence of his voice in interviews is almost an exact match for Peyton Manning.  Anyone else pick up on it?

I have to admit I find many of these QB prospects each year to be very impressive.  Not sure I could remember all of this stuff in such a compressed and pressured situation.

Seems like a bright kid with the right kind of attitude.  No idea if he can play effectively at the NFL level.  Would be great if we can find our QB of the future without trading all of our accumulated draft capital.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BobDVA said:

I billieved that we would get Rudolph at 22, now I think we have to take him at 12 because the Patcheatiots*  will jump a head of us and take him before 22.

yep. just because.