Big day on Thursday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

There is hope then I suppose. It's two fold. I dont think I can change my mind PRIOR to him becoming a member of this team. If he does, well then I've got no choice. I have watched as much stuff as I can find on all these guys, as well as read and interviews w others (including speculation) and I admit.. I haven't done as much w Jackson or even Rudolph (but more than lj). That is my fault, but more so that's just a game style I've never been a fan of more than anything bc it has never sustained any long term success. It seems it's either been diagnosed and figured out, style has cut players career short, or it was too inconsistent. I don't want to make this about if that style can or can't be successful - just more so you might be a rare breed. I have some ignorance in not doing all of my homework on lj bc I'm not interested (that said I still have seen and read quite a bit - not just every drop like the others) BUT the difference is I simply say no thanks rather than downing him or busting him down at every turn bc I'm not a fan. To me, there in lies the issue.

And hey, I appreciate the honesty - and that's fair. But my question would be, and it's a sincere one - not snarky, not sarcasm or any other b.s. - but what about the "game style" do you refer to? 

And I'm just asking because Louisville's Offense will be pretty similar to Buffalo's given they both run the Erhardt-Perkins Offense and Jackson primarily passed from the pocket. A very, very small percentage of runs for him this year were not "designed" runs, as in he took off when he couldn't find a receiver. So, I'm just following up for clarification. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I can't figure out why some people ignore facts when assessing Jackson.  I think it is either Because Louisville Actively Coddles Kids or Because Lamar Always Cuddles Kittens.

I'm sure there are those people where you're right...but, I think that's a pretty dangerous road to go down....

• Like (+1) 1

I was actually rooting for Jackson today. I was hoping a bunch of teams would like what they see and draft him over someone like Mayfield. Sadly I think today reiterated how important it is to have a high pick in this year's draft. There is going to be a lot of competition for those top 4 guys

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Just another RGIII, what team is he playing for?

Again...why? What is it specifically that indicates he's the same type of player?

RGIII ran a spread Offense at Baylor, what kind of Offense has Jackson run at Louisville??? Oh yeah, an NFL Offense...mmmkay....so if it's not the type of Offense, please elaborate on how they're the same type of player....just spitting out names doesn't do squat for your argument....

Lamar Jackson talking audibles with Mike Mayock today after his Pro Day, you should listen:

Edited by BigBuff423

Seems like Lamar is building a hefty chip on his soldier and it may effect his draft stock. Hard to track down for teams, didn't wanna run 40... IDK.

Personally, if there is a run on QB's before we pick then we will be left with an incredible talent at a different position at 12. Hopefully Lamar is available later in the round when we pick again.

Gotta play what's dealt. I just want the Bills to better themselves and I'm not as worried about AJ as some on this board are. Regardless of who we draft at QB I still believe AJ will win that starting job in camp.

8 hours ago, McBean said:

giphy.gif

This was hilarious. 

I doubt the Bills will even give this kid a second look as they want to move away from these dual-threat QB's.

The Panthers just fired their OC in an effort to help Cam Newton become more of a pocket passer. RG3 couldn't throw from the pocket because he developed the yips. Colin Kaepernick can kneel all he wants and if he were worth a damn as a pocket passer every team in the NFL would want him. Bills fans have short memories as Michael Vick was working on becoming a better pocket passer towards the end of his career because that's whats needed in the NFL!

I think this FO would rather draft  Luke Faulk, Mike White or anyone that isn't a dual-threat QB. 

28 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

And hey, I appreciate the honesty - and that's fair. But my question would be, and it's a sincere one - not snarky, not sarcasm or any other b.s. - but what about the "game style" do you refer to? 

And I'm just asking because Louisville's Offense will be pretty similar to Buffalo's given they both run the Erhardt-Perkins Offense and Jackson primarily passed from the pocket. A very, very small percentage of runs for him this year were not "designed" runs, as in he took off when he couldn't find a receiver. So, I'm just following up for clarification. Thanks.

I'm sure there are those people where you're right...but, I think that's a pretty dangerous road to go down....

His game seems to have almost a forced pocket presence to it in that it's obviously a point of contention for him and something he has worked to improve so he can be taken seriously as a passer. It seems he knows what he has to do and is working to get there. 

Separate from that his 'game ' is still the modern version of a Cunningham in his eagles prime style. 

Sure, he works to be more of a conventional style pocket passer - but at this point I dont think that is his strong suit or stregenth. He seems to be a stellar athlete and gets oodles of attention because of it. But, if he didnt have that in spades would he still be considered a top prospect? It's not his fault dudes a gamer in that regard but I tend to see it as there is a Rosen who is refined and xxx style. Jackson naturally is more of a zzz style, but trying to conform to a xxx style. Its been assumed from comments etc mcbeane have an ideal style similar with xxx. So, do you take someone that has a natural xxx style you want and prefer? Or someone trying to work and fit the mold. 

A fair point, is if you believe he already is a xxx and is on par w the other 4 - then there will just be a fundamental disagreement and it is what it is. To each their own and zero hard feelings. That alone is why people have preferences and favorites imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

The talk around the NFL media circle is that Lamar is falling down fast.  Supposedly he is impossible to get in touch with.  Teams are trying to set up visits and workouts with no luck.  The teams that have talked with him are saying he is years behind on the white board stuff.  He is also now feuding with his former coach at Louisville.

Not hiring an agent has been a huge mistake and I wonder if he even ends up in the first round now.

15 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

His game seems to have almost a forced pocket presence to it in that it's obviously a point of contention for him and something he has worked to improve so he can be taken seriously as a passer. It seems he knows what he has to do and is working to get there. 

Separate from that his 'game ' is still the modern version of a Cunningham in his eagles prime style. 

Sure, he works to be more of a conventional style pocket passer - but at this point I dont think that is his strong suit or stregenth. He seems to be a stellar athlete and gets oodles of attention because of it. But, if he didnt have that in spades would he still be considered a top prospect? It's not his fault dudes a gamer in that regard but I tend to see it as there is a Rosen who is refined and xxx style. Jackson naturally is more of a zzz style, but trying to conform to a xxx style. Its been assumed from comments etc mcbeane have an ideal style similar with xxx. So, do you take someone that has a natural xxx style you want and prefer? Or someone trying to work and fit the mold. 

A fair point, is if you believe he already is a xxx and is on par w the other 4 - then there will just be a fundamental disagreement and it is what it is. To each their own and zero hard feelings. That alone is why people have preferences and favorites imo

Fair enough - and all well-reasoned responses, which I appreciate. Also, appreciate the tone and willingness to have a discussion. You're right, I think we agree to disagree, but that's what makes this a wonderful world, as you said, "to each their own"...cool. And as always, regardless of which QB is leading the team - Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1