Contrary to Popular Belief of the "Experts"

T master

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That reasoning is all fine....but how do we know that the qb at 2 will be a franchise QB?

We don't.... but we know it would be the most serious shot at a QB the Bills have taken in their history.  

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Believing that a LB is more important than QB, sounds exactly like something the Bills would do.

Spending a year trading away opportunity and talent in order to collect assets for the QB-heavy 2018 draft, and then not using them to get a top QB, sounds exactly like something the Bills would do.

Loading up on Defense and Running Game in a QB-centric, pass-happy league

Tell me again who won the Super Bowl last month and tell me again how they did it.

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

However, the point of this thread was to say they shouldn't take a QB, and instead should take a LB. That, I cannot agree with.

That wasn't my point at all (I personally don't think they should sell the farm to move up to get a QB) my point is with all the moves this regime has made some being very unpopular with the fan base & different from fans thoughts "Could" they go in a direction that we as fans aren't looking at ??

I don't think that that could be very far fetched of a scenario . This regime is looking to build the team for the future & to get the top LB from this draft wouldn't be a bad thing (if they can't get their QB guy) seeing as he would be here for at least his rookie contract that would be 4 yrs.

There is also the possibility that at least one of the top QB's in this draft could still be there at 22 . 

If you go back & look at the 83 draft there were a bunch of what was perceived to be great QB's drafted but only 3 i believe are HOFers the rest did almost nothing with their careers in the NFL .

So if the same again could be true in this draft there will be only a few of these QB's that wind up being really good so i for one would rather get more players to build upon & get a QB at a pick that would be a better value for the number they are chosen at rather than risk the possibility of losing out on what could be a haul of others to build around then having a QB that could be a not so good pick like EJ or Losman as stated in my post !

If their guy is there & can be had for reasonable draft capital have at it just 3 number 1's & numerous other draft picks from 18 & 19 to get a that isn't a for sure thing I'm just not in favor of ... 

Not to mention that Defense wins championships so the experts say !!

6 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

Tell me again who won the Super Bowl last month and tell me again how they did it.

The Eagles, with a QB who won a passing shoot out with the greatest, most important player in the league (who is also a QB).

Or are you arguing it was their great defense that allowed the Pats to put up 33 points, 505 yards passing, and 115 yards on the ground?

Whats your point?

On 3/26/2018 at 9:23 AM, T master said:

Ever since the Bills have brought in the pairing of Mc Bean they have done things totally opposite of what the fans have thought, their collective vision is something different from anything Bills fans have seen in quite sometime. When the trades started to happen of the big name players that we all thought the team were to hang their hats on like Sammy, Dareus, Glenn the posts here & else where fans & "experts" alike weren't sure the process McD talked of was the right way to do things.

In this draft all the talk surrounds the QB position (which we do need) & how the Bills are positioning them selves to go up & grab one of the top 5 listed as the best in this draft which we all know who they are because they have been slammed down our throat in almost every article we read weather here or on our favorite NFL web sights .

I am starting to think that given what we have seen from the HC & GM of the Bills they could be thinking differently than most every one else due to their short history of moves made while here.

I could be totally wrong because i'm just a fan but wanted to post a different train of thought than all this QB stuff !! 

Could this be a path taken by Mc Bean & company contrary to what the "experts" think ?? 

Doing opposite what fans want sounds directly from the Yoda!

Remember when large number of polled users wanted to trade out starting DE for John Skelton?

On 3/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Believing that a LB is more important than QB, sounds exactly like something the Bills would do.

Spending a year trading away opportunity and talent in order to collect assets for the QB-heavy 2018 draft, and then not using them to get a top QB, sounds exactly like something the Bills would do.

Loading up on Defense and Running Game in a QB-centric, pass-happy league, sounds exactly like something the Bills would do.

If, after all this, Team McBeane go out and act like every previous regime, might as well start the billboard fund and start looking for their replacements.

Which QB would be acceptable to you? Which QB pick would you consider a failed pick?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Doing opposite what fans want sounds directly from the Yoda!

Remember when large number of polled users wanted to trade out starting DE for John Skelton?

Alternative facts? ONE poster suggested as much, and STILL takes guff for it to this day.

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Which QB would be acceptable to you? Which QB pick would you consider a failed pick?

This has been discussed ad nauseam and my take is well documented.

We've come all this way, stopping now would be a failure. I understand it takes two to tango, but if we get stuck staying at #12, I'll be disappointed.

A part of my disappointment will be with Beane for, after spending an entire year shipping out talent to secure resources in this draft that will allow us to make a move for a QB, not ensuring that the Bills get their guy and a top guy. Who that is, is Beane's job to determine. We only have extremely limited data, and none (ok, maybe 1 or 2) of us have the training to see what the pros really look for. But with 6 names floating, whittled down to lets say 3 guys, Beane should have at least 2 identified, and do everything in his power to land one of them.

Acceptable to me is moving up and ensuring one of the top guys. That's not to say the other guys can't develop, but I'm done with wishing and hoping on 2nd/3rd tier prospects.

A failure to me would be sitting at #12 and waiting to see who we get in leftovers. Probably the 4th or 5th QB in the draft at that point. Or, god forbid, having to take a QB even later in the draft.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:50 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

However, the point of this thread was to say they shouldn't take a QB, and instead should take a LB. That, I cannot agree with.

9 hours ago, T master said:

That wasn't my point at all (I personally don't think they should sell the farm to move up to get a QB) my point is with all the moves this regime has made some being very unpopular with the fan base & different from fans thoughts "Could" they go in a direction that we as fans aren't looking at ??

I don't think that that could be very far fetched of a scenario . This regime is looking to build the team for the future & to get the top LB from this draft wouldn't be a bad thing (if they can't get their QB guy) seeing as he would be here for at least his rookie contract that would be 4 yrs.

There is also the possibility that at least one of the top QB's in this draft could still be there at 22 . 

If you go back & look at the 83 draft there were a bunch of what was perceived to be great QB's drafted but only 3 i believe are HOFers the rest did almost nothing with their careers in the NFL .

So if the same again could be true in this draft there will be only a few of these QB's that wind up being really good so i for one would rather get more players to build upon & get a QB at a pick that would be a better value for the number they are chosen at rather than risk the possibility of losing out on what could be a haul of others to build around then having a QB that could be a not so good pick like EJ or Losman as stated in my post !

If their guy is there & can be had for reasonable draft capital have at it just 3 number 1's & numerous other draft picks from 18 & 19 to get a that isn't a for sure thing I'm just not in favor of ... 

Not to mention that Defense wins championships so the experts say !!

WRT the bolded... I'm not trying to misrepresent your premise, but it's pretty darn close. The only difference is "should" versus "can they? its not a bad idea". C'mon.

Also, no. I mean, sure, anything is possible. If McBeane cant trade up and the good QBs go fast, we could easily get stuck at #12 and taking a LB. However, I would doubt that was their Plan A. And if it truly is their Plan A, they should probably be fired.

And again, not interested in later guys. Blue chip only. QB or bust this year.

Edited by DrDawkinstein