Realism about the QB Position

8 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

out of the 7 losses in 2017, he got hurt in one, and didn't play in 2. Of of the 4 losses he played a lot

463 yards against 25th ranked Memphis

480 yards against 20th ranked Standford

219 yards against Arizona

421 yards against 12 ranked USC

Yep, Rosen doesn't elevate a team, or was just that the team was horrid around him?

Do you know how many attempts he had when he was throwing for over 400 yards? Genuinely curious. Hard to believe those number come from a balanced offensive attack, likewise not terribly impressive if you are throwing it 50 times per game...

6 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Do you know how many attempts he had when he was throwing for over 400 yards? Genuinely curious. Hard to believe those number come from a balanced offensive attack, likewise not terribly impressive if you are throwing it 50 times per game...

50+ in all the 400 yard games. It is not a balanced attack. It was Josh Rosen and a decent set of receivers. RB's, Oline and D were all trash. It was impressive he alone was giving them a chance to win. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan2313 said:

50+ in all the 400 yard games. It is not a balanced attack. It was Josh Rosen and a decent set of receivers. RB's, Oline and D were all trash. It was impressive he alone was giving them a chance to win. 

I agree his arm kept them in games. Also, my point that you can find 400 yard games by pretty much every qb in the big 12 on any given week. Heck RGIII flung it all over the field. It's a little different when you play against equal defensive talent. No way that I believe he, or Darnold, have anywhere near the numbers they have playing in B10/SEC/ACC

3 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

I agree his arm kept them in games. Also, my point that you can find 400 yard games by pretty much every qb in the big 12 on any given week. Heck RGIII flung it all over the field. It's a little different when you play against equal defensive talent. No way that I believe he, or Darnold, have anywhere near the numbers they have playing in B10/SEC/ACC

Probably true

19 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

50 attempts and 400 plus yards is a damned good YPA; one of the most telling components of passer rating. 

5 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

For the love of...

If Josh Rosen had half the career he had, but at Alabama, this guy would be off the rails. This is getting annoying at this point.

Well at least he would have some championships :0 I agree with your sentiment though. AJMac is a great guy and may be a great QB, and I imagine the same can be said for Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, et al. Bills will be a team I pull for regardless of what happens with the draft. Discussion forums are meant to be fun and informative, I think. My apologies for the annoyance. 

2 hours ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Well at least he would have some championships :0 I agree with your sentiment though. AJMac is a great guy and may be a great QB, and I imagine the same can be said for Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, et al. Bills will be a team I pull for regardless of what happens with the draft. Discussion forums are meant to be fun and informative, I think. My apologies for the annoyance. 

Not referring to you, OP. You've been fine.