Mocking the Mock drafts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922149/article/fiveround-mock-draft-buffalo-bills-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield

Are you serious??? There is no way in hell the Bills would trade our 2019 first rounder for this pick! At best we would swap a mid-round second for for 2018 first rounder at #22 and they can Shaq Lawson or a dirty bag of jock straps!

I keep seeing mock drafts that have the Bills giving far too much. I do believe that any of the top 6 picks this year are platinum. I would love to get to 6 and take the best player available this year.

I do not believe that getting to the Giants pick at #2 is an option any more. The Jets killed the value chart wit their trade and we would have to over pay with a 2019 #1 and both 1st rounders this year. Personally if I were the Giants I would try and get Buffalo's 2x 1's and next years at all costs or take Rosen.

If the Bills take a chance on a QB it will most likely be Lamar Jackson at #22, because he is a Brian Daboll type QB that ca be developed for 1-2 years. If Allen or Mayfield fall to 6-9 we will see a trade. They are both are worth the risk, but not for a bounty. 

I see the draft unfolding like this. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Barkley, Chubb, Trade Alert: Josh Allen (Buffalo swaps #22 for #49 and a 2nd next year).... The Colts need to walk away with about 5- 6 potential starters this year. Note: he Giants could take Chubb or Barkley or Nelson. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The latest from Chad Reuter

Five-round mock draft: Buffalo Bills trade up for Baker Mayfield

PICK 6 
Baker Mayfield - QB, Oklahoma
PROJECTED TRADE WITH COLTS.
 If Bradley Chubb isn't there for the Colts, GM Chris Ballard will be happy to move back again to gain a package of picks that would include, at minimum, a third-round pick in the 2018 draft (reflected below) and a 2019 first-rounder. Bills head coach Sean McDermott is hungry for a playmaker at the quarterback position, so a move up the board is definitely possible.

PICK 22
Courtland Sutton - WR, SMU

If the team is going to get a quarterback, he'll need receivers with whom he can connect in 2018 and beyond. Kelvin Benjamin is due to become a free agent after the 2018 season, so Sutton provides another big body in the receiving corps.

53. Bills: Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
56. Bills: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
65. Bills: Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech
121. Bills: Leon Jacobs, LB, Wisconsin
166. Bills: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma

• Like (+1) 1

If it is not Rosen or Darnold I would be shocked if McBeane gives away our #1 in 2019. Look at what happened to Houston. They got a stud QB, then the pick became a #4 overall for Cleveland. I would say that it worked out for them, but very costly.

Baker Mayfield for potentially the same trade? He has limitations physically that cannot be fixed making him risky. We passed on Mahomes and Watson when we traded down last year. Neither were a fit. How would you compare Mayfield or Allen to either of them.  

Maybe for a swap of 22 for 6, not 12 for 6.

KC jumped 17 spots for basically the same trade, why would the Bills do the same for a 6 spot swap? 22 and next years 1st, ok, not for a swap of 12 to 6.

I don't care what the Jets set the market at, not every GM is that stupid. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

why do all of these mocks have the Broncos not taking a QB?  they had the entire front office at the Mayfield and Rosen pro days and they only have Keenum on what is essentially a 1 yr deal.  they are 100% taking a QB

42 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybe for a swap of 22 for 6, not 12 for 6.

KC jumped 17 spots for basically the same trade, why would the Bills do the same for a 6 spot swap? 22 and next years 1st, ok, not for a swap of 12 to 6.

I don't care what the Jets set the market at, not every GM is that stupid. 

I absolutely love this swap, however Indy won't leave a blue chipper unless we sweeten the deal with a #3.

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

why do all of these mocks have the Broncos not taking a QB?  they had the entire front office at the Mayfield and Rosen pro days and they only have Keenum on what is essentially a 1 yr deal.  they are 100% taking a QB

The reason why I agree and disagree.

Denver needs to win now or Elway could lose his job. He has missed multiple times at QB in the first and last season was a disaster. He would be getting another project QB and no blue chipper like Chubb/Nelson/Fitzpatrick/Barkley. Also, Denver has learned that FA QBs will come to Denver. Buffalo, Jets and Cleveland are the opposite right now.

I agree, because they should not be in the top 10 again for 2 years. 

I see the only reasonable move is up to the 4th spot.  Getting to 2 isn't necessary or worth the price.

Brownies will have their qb at 1, and pick up 12th and 22nd overall to get two more impact starters.

The Jets got smoked in that trade up, if they don't hit on their qb pick it's going to kill them for awhile.