Soo Losman, and Holcomb..

I would think that for your number 3, you'd want a young late rounder.  Grab a QB in the 5th through 7th and maybe he becomes serviceable in the future after Holcomb is done.

272034[/snapback]

Grab Matt Jones if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round. Decent QB/WR/TE. Plus he played with Jason Peters in college :blush:

Matthews for 1 more year sounds good to me.  It would be cost effective to go after someone younger tho.

272197[/snapback]

I dont think matthews is going to return. Thinking he is going to retire instead

Maybe Greg Zolman is still available if these two clipboard carrying studs aren't ready for the awesome duty:

Jan. 25 Bills signed free agent QB Tory Woodbury

Feb. 2 Bills signed QB Kevin Thompson (assigned to NFLE)

Is it worth the bother of thinking about it at this point?

When was the last time our third string QB was an issue at any time during the season?

There's always someone available if disaster strikes.

And if disaster strikes, I rather think we won't be worried about a third string QB saving the season for us. People, we won't be going to the SuperBowl on the strength of our third string QB. We just won't.

We're not drafting any QBs this year. #3 will be a rookie or 1st year player who will never be expected to play & is really an afterthought. When you have a young #1 & a veteran #2, you don't worry about #3. It will be similar to when we picked up Travis Brown-If nobody in camp is good enough-we'll get a guy off waivers on opening week.

I think that #3 will be in another team's camp until September.

Flutie...I kid...I kid.. :blush:

272198[/snapback]

Let me help you out here.......it's not "I kid, I kid"...........it's "I keeeeed, I keeeeed!"

Okay, now you try

The Bills alloted some joker to NFL Europe a few weeks ago, Kevin Thompson from Penn State. Perhaps if he does well they will be looking at him as the #3. I am sure they will sign a nobody FA to bring to camp, too.

He must be pretty good. Check out his stats. He has a 100 career QB rating in the NFL.

Kevin Thompson is a possibility. He's 27 years old and will hopefull have some playing time in NFL Europe. Than may make him a little bit more prepared to come in in an emergency. If it comes down to your third QB playing for more than one game you can pretty much figure your season is screwed.

Cliff notes: I hope matthews is back as our #3 and if he retires Kordell Stewart is my choice for our disaster QB. Cliff notes end

I actually say a Matthews would be fine because the two hob descriptions i would have for a #3 are that:

1) He is a vet clipboard career who has seen a lot and has a good relationship with the lead QBs and the staff so he can help in the training. After a year with the Bills in which he got to know the Bills O, Losman and the coaching staff this 11 year veteran who did not accomplish much as a player fits the bill.

2) A disaster QB who will almost certainly not be used, but if disaster struck and you did having the #1 ranked QB in the NFL in spot duty last year is not a bad way to go.

If Matthews retires, then i like Kordelia as my #3. He has been there before having made the SB as a youngster and knows the coaching staff well having had a career revival under MM. He did not throw a pass last year, but proved willing and able to even punt for the Ravens last year. Given our questions at #3 WR I feel OK about having the Slash around though I would envision him as a #4 WR if we used him consistently and I hope Reed recovers or Aiken steps up instead.