What ya'll are getting with AJ

13 minutes ago, Figster said:

media and on the field pressure eh, 

McCarron handles pressure very well in my opinion, see's everything, always look down field to make a play.

I disagree with that knock red

I meant pocket pressure. 

It and an alleged weak arm are the only knocks I've read. Of course it wasn't much of an issue at Alabama  with their roided up monster offensive line.   Well see what he does here on the real world.

Edited by reddogblitz

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I meant pocket pressure. 

It and an alleged weak arm are the only knocks I've read. Of course it wasn't much of an issue at Alabama  with their roided up monster offensive line.   Well see what he does here on the real world.

haha, I know what you meant,

A J's a good athlete that extends plays and can throw well on the run in my humble opinion.

Don't quote me on this , but McCarrons throws were clocked at 53 MPH If I remember correctly,( Peterman by example 49)

So here are some more tidbits from AJ's time at Bama. Again, I FULLY understand none of this means a hill of beans today in Buffalo, but it might help illustrate why some fans, especially if they are college football fans, seem so high on AJ. Again just wanting to share some stuff about your new QB that may not be found in his scouting report.  Hope you enjoy

Here is the aforementioned sequence between AJ and  center Barret Jones in the National Championship game. Bears repeating that the game is way out of hand by this point. Also, Barret Jones and AJ are best friends and roommates, so I'm pretty sure AJ knew he wsan't going to get mauled too badly. I love the passion and attention to detail.

Also, this was before his senior season after he attended the Manning passing academy as an instructor.  LINK

2) AJ McCarron is as pro-ready as they come at the position. The leader of the two-time national champions has been given the dreaded "game manager" label, thanks to his direction of Alabama's conservative offensive attack. However, a close examination of his overall game and physical tools suggests to me that he has all of the traits teams covet in a franchise signal-caller. After having a few casual conversations with McCarron at the camp, I believe he is a "team-first" quarterback obsessed with capturing rings rather than compiling impressive statistics. He repeatedly discussed doing "whatever it takes" to win as his primary responsibility with the Crimson Tide. He also cited the importance of preparation and work ethic as keys to keeping his team in contention for future championships. As a former scout, I must say that McCarron's words reflect the kind of leadership potential teams are looking for.

From a physical standpoint, McCarron also displayed the tools to be a franchise quarterback at the next level, showing off polished footwork and mechanics as a pocket passer in drills. Most importantly, McCarron demonstrated superb arm strength, rifling balls to all areas of the field with excellent velocity and zip. Additionally, he showed better-than-anticipated range and touch on deep balls, consistently hitting receivers in stride on vertical routes. One of the things I was concerned about after watching him on tape was whether he could thrive in a vertical passing game, but his throwing exhibition at camp dispelled that worry. Of course, going through a series of workouts in shorts and shirts isn't comparable to playing in a game, but he still certainly provided a glimpse of the natural talent that could make him a top prospect in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Here is another article from his senior year talking about Mcarron as an obvious Heisman contender. 

The last time that the Alabama quarterback threw an interception, it was a simpler time: Eli Manning only had one ring, LeBron James still had no rings, there was an NBA work stoppage, not an NHL lockout, Dan Marino still held the single-season NFL passing record and Tim Tebow was still a starting quarterback. McCarron's last interception came Nov. 12, 2012 against Mississippi State. Since then, Alabama won a National Championship, McCarron lost his classic Alabama-hairdo, and he's become a legit Heisman contender and NFL draft prospect. ... team trusts him more this year, as well. It's not an offense completely built around the running game, and because of that, McCarron has been able to show off his smarts, his accuracy and his arm. McCarron is one of the smartest QBs in the nation too. He's adept at reading defenses and makes as many audibles at the line as any of the top NCAA signal callers. ..... McCarron's game is reminiscent of Eli Manning especially. .... McCarron is fleeter of foot than either Manning brother, though he's obviously less refined than Eli or Peyton Manning. The biggest question about McCarron is why no one is talking about him. He's completing 68.9 percent of his passes, he has 1684 yards through eight games, 18 touchdowns, zero interceptions and he's led the most famous college football program in the nation to an undefeated record. It's because the "Alabama quarterback" comes with a reputation. Everyone concentrates on the defense, Nick Saban and the history attached to the program, and the team is so talented it can be difficult to single out individual players. But McCarron should be singled out. He has definite NFL tools. He's the most polished quarterback the Crimson Tide has had since at least Croyle, though McCarron looks considerably better than the former Kansas City Chiefs' draft pick. .... McCarron has a short, compact release, he throws on the run very well, he's not a scrambler, but he's mobile and comfortable in the pocket and his arm strength and deep accuracy is improving by the week..... it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities to see McCarron go home with the Heisman, leave for the NFL and get drafted in the first round. ...they'll be riding on McCarron's talented shoulder more than anyone will give him credit for.
LINK

• Like (+1) 1