Flutie To Be Released!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers | To Cut Flutie - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:08:41 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the San Diego Chargers have told QB Doug Flutie he will be released.

Git 'er done, TD!! :blink:

271375[/snapback]

Maybe he'll get picked up by Dallas. :D

Maybe he'll get picked up by Dallas. :blink:

271389[/snapback]

Since Clevleland is close to Canda, may be he will be signed by the Browns

so that they can fill the stadium with people from across the lake

Chargers | To Cut Flutie - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:08:41 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the San Diego Chargers have told QB Doug Flutie he will be released.

Git 'er done, TD!! :blink:

271375[/snapback]

Watch him sign with the Fish :D

I find peoples reaction to Flutie to be interesting. To some, his name results in the same sort of violent gut reaction that only Hillary Clinton can match.

On the face of it, you would think everyone would like an undersized guy who finally had some success in the NFL in his late 30's. It is quite a story and for all us average sized guys should invoke empathy.

I have a few theories:

1.) Women like him too much. Kind of a male cattiness syndrome.

2.) Canadians like him too much. Some just aren't completely sure about the loyalties of countrymen that never rebelled against the Monarchy. Are they really Bills fans?

3.) Some fans supported Rob Johnson and just can't get over that the argument is over and neither side won.

4.) Big guys seem to not like Flutie. His success may challenge their feeling of macho superiority over the "wimps" of the world.

5.) He's arrogant. It is the first reason most people mention but I believe it is far down the list. Hell, hundreds of popular pro athletes are arrogant.

Just my theories.

I find peoples reaction to Flutie to be interesting.  To some, his name results in the same sort of violent gut reaction that only Hillary Clinton can match.

On the face of it, you would think everyone would like an undersized guy who finally had some success in the NFL in his late 30's.  It is quite a story and for all us average sized guys should invoke empathy.

I have a few theories:

1.) Women like him too much.  Kind of a male cattiness syndrome.

2.)  Canadians like him too much.  Some just aren't completely sure about the loyalties of countrymen that never rebelled against the Monarchy.  Are they really Bills fans?

3.) Some fans supported Rob Johnson and just can't get over that the argument is over and neither side won.

4.)  Big guys seem to not like Flutie.  His success may challenge their feeling of macho superiority over the "wimps" of the world.

5.)  He's arrogant.  It is the first reason most people mention but I believe it is far down the list.  Hell, hundreds of popular pro athletes are arrogant.

Just my theories.

271414[/snapback]

or 6) He rips apart a locker room for his own greedy purposes. His track record is such that he has done this on almost every team he has been on.