2018 NCAA Tourney

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Allen's a dirty prick.  At least Hurley played hard but clean.

Allen can't hold Hurley's jock.

I'm more sympathetic to Allen than you are. More so last year than this year he had some emotional issues. He couldn't control his volcanic emotions. There was an emotional petulance to him that he just couldn't control. He's improved in that area but you can still see the remnants of person who can't responsibly handle and channel  his frustrations. If I recall correctly he was "encouraged" (forced) to seek counseling. 

Is Allen a dirty player? I would say yes but it is not due to being a mean-spirited person so much as it is due to an inability to control those explosive emotions that are close to the surface. He is like a suburban player who is not able to adjust to the tougher city/street ball. He still has a way to go to control himself but he is making progress. Maybe not adequate enough for a Tar Heel but for a more tolerant Golden Griffin I would say that he has made progress. 

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm more sympathetic to Allen than you are. More so last year than this year he had some emotional issues. He couldn't control his volcanic emotions. There was an emotional petulance to him that he just couldn't control. He's improved in that area but you can still see the remnants of person who can't responsibly handle and channel  his frustrations. If I recall correctly he was "encouraged" (forced) to seek counseling. 

Is Allen a dirty player? I would say yes but it is not due to being a mean-spirited person so much as it is due to an inability to control those explosive emotions that are close to the surface. He is like a suburban player who is not able to adjust to the tougher city/street ball. He still has a way to go to control himself but he is making progress. Maybe not adequate enough for a Tar Heel but for a more tolerant Golden Griffin I would say that he has made progress. 

I have it on reliable authority that Allen is a prick.  No leadership qualities whatsoever.  If you want to excuse his personality due to his "inability to control emotions" that's your prerogative, but he is what he is until he proves otherwise.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Anyone else taking today or tomorrow off to watch the tourney. Ive been taking Friday off for the past several years too watch with a few buddies fornthe last several years.

I am debating where to watch, might start at home, then to a few different watering holes with some buddies.

Heard on Wingo show yesterday and Tuesday are the two biggest days for vasectomies..makes sense. 

BTW, congrats to the Orange fans out there, time for your run?

Edited by plenzmd1

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am debating where to watch, might start at home, then to a few different watering holes with some buddies.

Heard on Wingo show yesterday and Tuesday are the two biggest days for vasectomies..makes sense. 

BTW, congrats to the Orange fans out there, time for your run?

I don't see today being terribly productive for me. Several meetings with my attention being split between work and pleasure. Im looking forward to tomorrow for sure. First day off this year.

10 hours ago, eball said:

I have it on reliable authority that Allen is a prick.  No leadership qualities whatsoever.  If you want to excuse his personality due to his "inability to control emotions" that's your prerogative, but he is what he is until he proves otherwise.

You are a bigot. You  simply don't like pricks. Let them hang loose and don't bother them. As long as they don't enter your comfort zone just leave them alone. :)

Nice article in the Wapo today on how to win one of the mega brackets. The biggest takeaway is looking for value teams into the final 4..Clemson and Ohio State fit  the bill the best .I know that sounds basic, but some numbers in here are interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/03/14/how-to-win-a-massive-ncaa-tournament-bracket-pool-like-espns-tournament-challenge/?utm_term=.39b53cce5332

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Anyone else taking today or tomorrow off to watch the tourney. Ive been taking Friday off for the past several years too watch with a few buddies fornthe last several years.

Yes...my cousin.

He's a fan of Texas A&M.

6 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I’ve been taking off Friday for about 5 years now. I go from January to Memorial Day without a day off so it comes at a good time.

they just missed a dunk too, followed by a missed layup.

I am going to need a donation from all URI fans to eat tonight!

But now back to back 3's.:beer:.maybe eating lobster tonight!

Edited by plenzmd1