What if Browns covet LAMAR?!?!

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's an interesting scenario you lay out but I don't see it materializing. If Lamar is their favored qb then what you lay out makes a lot of sense. What I see happening is either the Browns use their first pick on their preferred qb (not Lamar) or draft Barkley and then with their next high pick get their qb or  draft a premium player such as DE Chubb or DB Fitzpatrick. The Browns have a lot of options but from what I have heard from the reporters that cover the Browns is that they want to stay high in the draft. Even with the deal with Buffalo they still have plenty of picks and cap space to acquire more players. If the Jets like Allen a lot they probably can get him from their current draft position. 

Cleveland is in a very interesting situation. If they handle the draft and cap availability smartly they should add an infusion of talent to their roster. Without question Cleveland is a team that could/should make a quantum leap forward. 

Yeah totally agree with you.  If I am Cleveland, I without question take Barkley #1.  Maybe the TT acquisition was done so they could get one of those guys you mentioned instead of a QB like Chubb or Fitzpatrick.  Then they take a prospect at the top of round 2 and hope someone like Lamar or Mason is there (one should be).  Like you said, they still have enough ammo to move back into the first too to grab someone slipping.  

This is the most interesting off season I can remember.  So many directions it can go for so many teams.  If I was the Browns I take Barkely #1 then take a QB #4, preferably Mayfield (assuming he's on the board still).  But maybe they grabbed TT to give them more options, including trade down options.  Who knows, but its gonna be fun come April 

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Browns more then likely picked up Taylor cause they know they have an uphill battle getting a starting QB there as a FA knowing they will be taking a QB at 1 or 4 so they get a safe starter for now in a trade that's good enough to not turn the ball over and play until the rookie is ready

Also quite plausible.  

I was wondering if the Browns like Jackson too after that trade. They could think Taylor and Jackson are the same "type" of QB (mobile/athletic) with Lamar having more potential.

So they get Tyrod, draft Barkley, then  Jackson... Now they have the option to build their offensive attack around a mobile athletic QB and start off with a veteran in Tyrod while rookie Jackson sits and learns some.

With Tyrod they won't have to worry about interceptions and can (hopefully) rely on Barkley to carry their offense. Then when they think he's ready they can pop Lamar into the starting role and not have to revamp their offensive philosophy because they'll already have implemented an offense built around a mobile QBs strengths and weaknesses...

Idk... Just speculation but it makes sense in a way to me. Ya never know what any team is going to do come draft day. Especially the Browns...

Just now, GrizzReaper said:

I was wondering if the Browns like Jackson too after that trade. They could think Taylor and Jackson are the same "type" of QB (mobile/athletic) with Lamar having more potential.

So they get Tyrod, draft Barkley, then  Jackson... Now they have the option to build their offensive attack around a mobile athletic QB and start off with a veteran in Tyrod while rookie Jackson sits and learns some.

With Tyrod they won't have to worry about interceptions and can (hopefully) rely on Barkley to carry their offense. Then when they think he's ready they can pop Lamar into the starting role and not have to revamp their offensive philosophy because they'll already have implemented an offense built around a mobile QBs strengths and weaknesses...

Idk... Just speculation but it makes sense in a way to me. Ya never know what any team is going to do come draft day. Especially the Browns...

Verbatim my same thoughts :) Totally agree with everything you said 

• Thank you (+1) 1