List of every 1st round trade for Quarterbacks over the last 10 years

13 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, take Goff, Wentz and Watson off the list then, which makes my reasoning behind this thread even more meaningful. Fans want to trade the farm for a QB when the odds of landing a franchise guy is 33% at best.

Bust rate doesn't change if you trade up. 30-35% is about the likelihood of getting the right guy in the top 10. Multiple studies have been posted on this. Trading up doesn't reduce or increase the likelihood of finding a hit.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, take Goff, Wentz and Watson off the list then, which makes my reasoning behind this thread even more meaningful. Fans want to trade the farm for a QB when the odds of landing a franchise guy is 33% at best.

That is why you do it 3 years in a row. 33% at a time.

4 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

You said 5th to 10th QB taken not 5th to 10th pick very very very big difference.  I mean that really changes everything.  Foles Stanton and keenum were all backups who only played due to injuries.  Cutler was out of the league until Tannehill blew out his knee.  Wentz was the number 2 overall pick.

Brees was the 2nd qb taken in his class

Rodgers was also the 2nd Qb taken 

Big Ben was 3rd

Carr was the 4th QB off the board 

Believe me I'm well aware of the abnormal situation like Brady panning out on the league.  The odds are the more qbs you watch come off the board without taking one the worse your chances of finding a good one are.

You are absolutely correct. People weren't going crazy on QBs in the draft before because running every play used to work. Now you need a QB and therefore more QBs go earlier in the draft. To be honest, which pick it is does not matter. What does matter is if you get one of the top 2-3 prospects.

16 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

When is the last time we've had this many picks? We can literally load up and build a powerhouse. Trading that away for nothing, why do it? I could see moving up 8-10 spots because that would not put a dent in our capital, but moving in the top 10 like some want is irresponsible.

You can't have a powerhouse without a QB.

Get the QB. Then things will start working.