Final QB rankings

billspro

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Valid question, my prospects ranked 4-7 do not have much separation. For Mike White, he does a good job going though progressions for the most part. There were just a few times where he didn't do a good job and it ended up in sack. Josh Allen obviously has some huge flaws and it could be argued that Jackson is a better prospect. Allen has a special arm though, I saw some throws on his tape that no other QB can make. I think there is a chance his arm talent over comes his deficiencies. I put a very high value on accuracy, Jackson consistently had over throws in the middle of the field on intermediate throws, sometimes ending up in ugly int's. Out of my top 8 QBs I think he has the worst accuracy. I am worried his accuracy issue will wont be correctable, if I am wrong though he will probably end up being the next Vick and it will be a big miss for me. Saying that, I really like this QB draft class, all of my top 8 have starting QB traits. They won't all make it but I think there will be 4 or 5 starting NFL QBs from this class. 

When you put such a premium on arm strength, let's not forget Kyle Boller and Jamarcus Russell. Brian Billick and the Ravens fell in love with Boller's arm talent to no avail.

44 minutes ago, the skycap said:

When you put such a premium on arm strength, let's not forget Kyle Boller and Jamarcus Russell. Brian Billick and the Ravens fell in love with Boller's arm talent to no avail.

I don't put much premium on arm strength. 

What I look for in a QB;

1) Accuracy, especially at short and intermediate level

2) Quick and smart decisions with the football

3) Ability to buy time in the pocket

4) Ability to recognize defences and go through reads

5) toughness, takes hit to make critical throws

6) Good placement on deep throws

7) Statistics, Size

8) Arm Strength 

Lamar Jackson did not score well in my number 1 category, which is why is got a lower grade from me. 

Edited by billspro

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don't put much premium on arm strength. 

What I look for in a QB;

1) Accuracy, especially at short and intermediate level

2) Quick and smart decisions with the football

3) Ability to buy time in the pocket

4) Ability to recognize defences and go through reads

5) toughness, takes hit to make critical throws

6) Good placement on deep throws

7) Statistics, Size

8) Arm Strength 

How would you rate Peterman based on your criteria?  I think he stacks up well against the current draft class.  I have a suspicion that our staff still believes in him and that we may stay put to see what comes to us in the draft rather than aggressively moving up.  

9 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

How would you rate Peterman based on your criteria?  I think he stacks up well against the current draft class.  I have a suspicion that our staff still believes in him and that we may stay put to see what comes to us in the draft rather than aggressively moving up.  

I would have Peterman lower than Woodside, probably around a 71. 

I had Watson rated as 87 (top ten), Trubisky 81 (1st round), Mahommes 79 (second round), Kizer 76 (third round). I wasn't a big fan of Webb, I thought Peterman would be a good developmental backup, but I did not think he had enough arm to be a starter (which he showed last year). 

Free agency will give us a good idea, I think they move up for one of the big 3 though. Personally, I think it will be Rosen or Darnold. 

Edited by billspro

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

I would have Peterman lower than Woodside, probably around a 71. 

I had Watson rated as 87 (top ten), Trubisky 81 (1st round), Mahommes 79 (second round), Kizer 76 (third round). I wasn't a big fan of Webb, I thought Peterman would be a good developmental backup, but I did not think he had enough arm to be a starter (which he showed last year). 

Cool.  Thanks for elaborating!  Appreciate it Billspro.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I'd do cartwheels if we got Mayfield. System QB? BS. The guy is uncanny in accuracy, pluck and finds a way to win. He will translate to the NFL no problem.

My only issue with Mayfield is the November-December weather here. Taylor has had big problems, Flutie, etc............ throwing in these games.

Its the stupid reason why Wilson benched Flutie, for example.

What? Taylor's biggest problem passing is being reluctant to do so. His arm strength wasn't an issue in BUF . Flutie may have had a bit of reduced arm strength by the time he was here , but it wasn't why he was benched. His play had tapered off late in '99 and the owner Wilson was infatuated with R Johnsons arm and forced the switch on Wade Phillips. But they both had more than enough arm strength to throw the ball in OP. It's not that big a deal for most pro caliber QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1