So... Is A.J. McCarron Back in play?

#34fan

38 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Supposedly McCarron was really held back in college. He is a gun slinger but Saban wouldn't allow him to do it. 

I don't think it is out of question that McCarron couldn't have a Cousins type season if he was given full power. He is really good at touch and placement balls. Coming out of college he had to work on progressions, but I don't see how he wouldn't have improved spending 4 years in the NFL

We know Sabans formula for winning football games is running the ball well and good D. (conservative approach)

Very much the same way McD wants to win football games.

McCarron fits the Bill...

Edited by Figster
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

And Brady, both Mannings, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers Rodgers......Kelly, Elway, Marino, Steve Ypung,....

Good point.

I never suggested we toss this guy the keys to the safe... I just don' see what disqualifies him from getting an opportunity to start somewhere?

You haven't explained why someone with zero experience is automatically better than AJ McCarron.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

I never suggested we toss this guy the keys to the safe... I just don' see what disqualifies him from getting an opportunity to start somewhere?

You haven't explained why someone with zero experience is automatically better than AJ McCarron.

If he can find a team that would make hims starter---God bless him.  Just don't make it the Bills.

Are you asking me how a rookie QB can be a better starter in the NFL than a career benchwarmer?  Are you really not sure if that's possible?

It happens every season-----automatically.

5 hours ago, Figster said:

We know Sabans formula for winning football games is running the ball well and good D. (conservative approach)

Very much the same way McD wants to win football games.

McCarron fits the Bill...

I see what you did there....and I like it!!

The thing I like about McCarron is that he's like last years Glennon. If we sign McCown or Matt Moore or something - everyone knows we're going to be taking a QB and probably high.

But with McCarron - there's that bit of unknown. Other teams will wonder - "Is he their guy or are they drafting someone?". 

Provides a fraction of leverage if teams think it's a possibility you could walk away from the table and stand pat with what you have.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he can find a team that would make hims starter---God bless him.  Just don't make it the Bills.

Are you asking me how a rookie QB can be a better starter in the NFL than a career benchwarmer?  Are you really not sure if that's possible?

It happens every season-----automatically.

Question:   Do you think AJ McCarron is likely an upgrade over Peterman?

That's a rhetorical question.

So upgrading the QB position is a bad idea?    Because right now we have 1 really bad qb on the team and 1 special teamer who plays QB occasionally.

If AJ can't beat out whatever rookie they draft, then he sure as hell makes a better backup and mentor than (record number of picks Peterman) does. 

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

Question:   Do you think AJ McCarron is likely an upgrade over Peterman?

That's a rhetorical question.

So upgrading the QB position is a bad idea?    Because right now we have 1 really bad qb on the team and 1 special teamer who plays QB occasionally.

If AJ can't beat out whatever rookie they draft, then he sure as hell makes a better backup and mentor than (record number of picks Peterman) does. 

Macaroon would make a better backup than Peterman, yes....I will agree with you there.