Lions looking to Trade Ebron

15 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I agree 100%. "Kinda."  And that's as much as I can muster up for Clay and O'Leary.  

Last year Clay seemed to be as much of a liability as he was an asset, with a TD bouncing right off his hands leading to an int, and what seemed to be too many crucial drops.  I do like O'Leary...did you guys know he doesn't wear gloves??   And that 3rd TE that converted from a QB....u know who I'm talkin about...

I mean if we could get Ebron for a 6th or 7th him and Clay would make a VICIOUS 2 TE pairing. Provided they catch the ball...

I think Bills fans really underappreciate Clay. He is an upper tier tight-end, on what has been a weak offensive team.  Nobody catches everything...nobody.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Wait, I thought we killed Whaley for trading up to get Sammy when he could have stayed put and got Ebron. We were right though lol

How were we right? Neither player panned out as many thought/hoped they would.Two wrongs don't make a right. 

Just another example of how many/most 1st round picks don't pan out. Hypothetically, assuming that the Bills trade up to #2 or #3 say and it costs them 3 #1 picks (#21-#22 and a similar 1st in 2019) How many of those picks are likely to pan out? Seems to me that the Bills got incredibly lucky with the Tre'Davious White pick. How many CB's drafted in or near that same slot perform as well on the field? That's just one reason I am all in on trading up this year if the FO determines that one or more of these QB's has the makings of a franchise guy. 

4 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Wait, I thought we killed Whaley for trading up to get Sammy when he could have stayed put and got Ebron. We were right though lol

We were that close to drafting Ebron over Aaron Donald and Odell.  Another case of not over elevating need above value

I'd be interested to see what Clay does with a better QB, but imho, he makes a touch too many drops - even taking into account that nobody catches everything.

I'm also getting concerned about Clay missing games. While I think both he and the Bills, have managed his seeming on-going issues well, I'm not expecting that to be something that can continue forever.

Not now interested in Ebron, but I do think we need to be looking at TEs in the draft.

Clay does have injury concerns, and while I do like O'Leary, we will still need another guy with more speed at the position, in the not too distant future.

12 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

How were we right? Neither player panned out as many thought/hoped they would.Two wrongs don't make a right. 

Just another example of how many/most 1st round picks don't pan out. Hypothetically, assuming that the Bills trade up to #2 or #3 say and it costs them 3 #1 picks (#21-#22 and a similar 1st in 2019) How many of those picks are likely to pan out? Seems to me that the Bills got incredibly lucky with the Tre'Davious White pick. How many CB's drafted in or near that same slot perform as well on the field? That's just one reason I am all in on trading up this year if the FO determines that one or more of these QB's has the makings of a franchise guy. 

We were right to bash Whaley for trading up as he did for Sammy. Personally I am way more comfortable with this staff that if we are trading up, it will be solid.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

We were that close to drafting Ebron over Aaron Donald and Odell.  Another case of not over elevating need above value

Ha right. I forgot about Odell. 

40 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

We were right to bash Whaley for trading up as he did for Sammy. Personally I am way more comfortable with this staff that if we are trading up, it will be solid.

Ha right. I forgot about Odell. 

Of course we were right to bash Whaley... I didn't like it when it was announced... I had said/meant that the Bills/Whaley were as wrong about Watkins as they would have been if they had stayed put and drafted Ebron. I'm not a huge fan of Odell either but for different reasons. Mike Williams was the best WR of that draft for the record.

12 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Of course we were right to bash Whaley... I didn't like it when it was announced... I had said/meant that the Bills/Whaley were as wrong about Watkins as they would have been if they had stayed put and drafted Ebron. I'm not a huge fan of Odell either but for different reasons. Mike Williams was the best WR of that draft for the record.

Mike Evans?