Mason Rudolph

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

So where do we go to find out whether or not Rudolph has a good (strong) arm? I am honestly curious regarding this as I have seen different reports. 

Go watch his games and decide for yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Because just like the Heisman trophy winners, there are just as many bad NFL players that come out with that trophy and fail to produce. It wasn’t intended to be causal, it was intended to demonstrate that your comment about the Unitas award not meaning anything was not representative of the whole as you seemed to dismiss the recognition on the whole. 

Relax....we disagree, but the point is that no person can make the argument that at the point in time any person’s opinion is definitively “right “ - we just all have our thoughts about why we believe our insight os the best. 

....LMAO....there's a whole bunch of "real ugly" on that list.............

On 3/2/2018 at 8:04 PM, ndirish1978 said:

He doesn't have a strong arm, which unfortunately is a need in BUF because of the field conditions and he comes from a spread offense where he wasn't required to go through progressions. I'd prefer someone who has a strong arm and has already spent years doing the things required of him at this level rather than trying to learn them on the fly.  

Listening to Mayock today, he said he has great arm strength. He brought up scheme being a big question mark for him. He also mentioned the Big 12 Defense issue (Which I have brought up before too, Rudolph has not been one of the guys I wanted) Mayock said just go look at the Texas game.  Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and USC all played them and Texas's defense was pretty solid.  I have not watched them but I intend to.

The skinny of it is he is most likely going to be 

Drafttek's breakdown on him is pretty spot on from what I have seen.

Strengths
- Appears very accurate with touch 
- Prototypical size
- Plenty of arm strength
- Makes smart decisions with the football
- Should end his career with over 40 starts to his credit
- Above-average athlete 

Weaknesses
- Plays in a spread scheme
- Pre-snap responsibility is minimal
- Smaller hands struggled in the rain

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They're pretty critical of White, Falk and Lauletta too. Outside of the top 5 they seem to have nothing nice to say about any of the 2nd round and lower round QBs, which makes sense, they'll be right most of the time, but at least 1 maybe 2 QBs drafted in the 2nd round or later will have a successful career and maybe 2-3 of the 1st round QBs will bust completely. The key is finding which guy is going to fall through the cracks.

57 minutes ago, simool said:

Listening to Mayock today, he said he has great arm strength. He brought up scheme being a big question mark for him. He also mentioned the Big 12 Defense issue (Which I have brought up before too, Rudolph has not been one of the guys I wanted) Mayock said just go look at the Texas game.  Oklahoma, Oklahoma St and USC all played them and Texas's defense was pretty solid.  I have not watched them but I intend to.

The skinny of it is he is most likely going to be 

Drafttek's breakdown on him is pretty spot on from what I have seen.

You sure? I was watching that too and I could have sworn he said arm strength is average but he has good accuracy on his deep balls. Also said that he puts too much air under his longer throws cause he doesn't have the arm strength to make those throws otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

You sure? I was watching that too and I could have sworn he said arm strength is average but he has good accuracy on his deep balls. Also said that he puts too much air under his longer throws cause he doesn't have the arm strength to make those throws otherwise. 

Yes, this is what I heard as well.

1 minute ago, racketmaster said:

Yes, this is what I heard as well.

That is in effect what he said.  I also was watching online with the NFL now crew commentary and they remarked that Rudolph's body and arm strength don't match up with hime being a big QB. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I have watched about a dozen of Rudolph’s games and the one concern I have had was his lack of arm strength. It becomes apparent on sideline throws, especially to the wide side of the field. Also, he is very accurate with his deep ball but he puts too much air under it for my liking. NFL secondaries will make him pay and if they don’t the winds in November and the following months will. I really was hoping he would prove me wrong today because Rudolph has a lot of other qualities to like.

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

Mike Tanier's opinion on Rudolph's combine performance:

Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph had a chance to look like a big-armed superstar in drills that should have suited his talents but was inconsistent on both short and long routes.

Personally, it is Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold and then Allen. They have the most franchise quarterback potential and it may be get one of the top 4 or bust.  Jackson is an intriguing prospect who could serve as a solid option for a few years due to his freakish athleticism. Once defenses figure out his tendencies and the hits begin to take a toll on his body, there will likely be a decline in his play (see RGiii, Kap, Taylor). White is also interesting but the odds of hitting outside the top 4 don’t seem that great to me. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Hard to see his draft stock increasing after today. He seemed to prove himself to be a 4th or so round prospect.

The guys that stood out IMO were:

Josh Allen

Josh Rosen

Baker Mayfield

Kyle Lauletta

Mike White

I still have faith in Lamar, but it was a mixed bag for him today.

The rest looked pretty poor IMO.

I thought Logan Woodside did a good job today too. I have a feeling he is going to become a journeyman starter. 

Edited by billspro

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sigh. I'm tired of project QB prospects in the 2nd/3rd tier.  

I think the bigger problem is the Bills don't draft enough QBs. 

They picked a 1st round QB in the weakest overall draft class I have ever seen. EJ Manuel would probably be the 11th ranked QB in this class. They used a 5th round pick on Peterman who is more of a developmental backup. They reached on Cardale Jones in the 5th round who had huge accuracy issues. Then you probably have to go all the way back to Trent Edwards for the last QB drafted. All of the second round prospects have a chance to become franchise QBs, this is a great draft to need a QB. Rudolph, Jackson, and White would be first round QB prospects in a lot of drafts, it is just a really deep class this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

I think the bigger problem is the Bills don't draft enough QBs. 

They picked a 1st round QB in the weakest overall draft class I have ever seen. EJ Manuel would probably be the 11th ranked QB in this class. They used a 5th round pick on Peterman who is more of a developmental backup. They reached on Cardale Jones in the 5th round who had huge accuracy issues. Then you probably have to go all the way back to Trent Edwards for the last QB drafted. All of the second round prospects have a chance to become franchise QBs, this is a great draft to need a QB. Rudolph, Jackson, and White would be first round QB prospects in a lot of drafts, it is just a really deep class this year. 

I do not see 1st round talent in either Rudolph or White.  I do in Jackson, but he needs quite a bit of work and coaching/system that will allow him to shine.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I do not see 1st round talent in either Rudolph or White.  I do in Jackson, but he needs quite a bit of work and coaching/system that will allow him to shine.

I could be wrong. I just don't see how Paxton Lynch could be considered a better prospect than White or how Teddy Bridewater could be considered a better prospect than Rudolph. 

• Like (+1) 2