Drafting Patterns of the Bills Front Office

YoloinOhio

Astro posted this article at the Bills Mafia site and it was pretty interesting...

When I try and predict what a GM and his team will do in the draft, I look for patterns in the team’s selections they’ve made in the past. Uh-oh; This is a new Bills’ GM, new Assistant GM, a new Head Coach in the first draft he’ll really control, a new Player Personnel group, a new offensive scheme, new National Scout, and many new scouts. What drafting patterns might the Bills’ new crew follow?

http://billsmafia.com/2018/02/26/drafting-patterns-bills-front-office/

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they don't take their new opportunity to establish a pattern of picking a QB first and foremost, they should all be fired.

So, they should just pick ANY QB, regardless of whether or not that QB is a good fit for the offense that they want to run?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So, they should just pick ANY QB, regardless of whether or not that QB is a good fit for the offense that they want to run?

There will be someone there at 21. There will be several FA QB's signed before the draft (I hope) and if not, they should trade up. As far as a QB fitting the system, I disagree entirely. A franchise QB is a rare commodity. You draft him 1st and you taylor the offense (no pun intended) to fit him, not the other way around. I think that's a huge mistake that many coaches make, like Rex trying to get his overly complicated D to work with a defense that performed much better with less talent under Frazier.

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they don't take their new opportunity to establish a pattern of picking a QB first and foremost, they should all be fired.

If they have a pattern of picking a QB first and foremost, doesn't that imply QB remains an unfilled need despite all the picking?

In which case they should all be fired...