Johnny Manziel Will Play Football in the Spring League in Texas

26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What happened to the CFL?

My only guess is that he's confident that he'll light up spring league and be invited to an NFL camp.  That can't happen if he's on a CFL roster

28 minutes ago, GG said:

My only guess is that he's confident that he'll light up spring league and be invited to an NFL camp.  That can't happen if he's on a CFL roster

He would have been better off showcasing his skills for an entire season in the CFL IMO.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He would have been better of showcasing his skills for an entire season in the CFL IMO.

Johnny Football comes across as a guy who never thinks things through and lets his massive ego get in the way of life decisions.  A full season in the CFL would have shown what he could still do and especially would have been a showcase for what we know he is good at: scrambling, throwing on the run and adlibbing. I think this is a bad decision borne out of impatience and entitlement. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Johnny Football comes across as a guy who never thinks things through and lets his massive ego get in the way of life decisions.  A full season in the CFL would have shown what he could still do and especially would have been a showcase for what we know he is good at: scrambling, throwing on the run and adlibbing. I think this is a bad decision borne out of impatience and entitlement. 

The pattern continues even in his self proclaimed sobriety.   Based on what his agent is saying, he's looking for the practices to springboard him into an invitation to a 2018 NFL training camp. 

Just now, jr1 said:

2.5 week "league" with 4 teams

It's an opportunity for NFL teams to get a look at guys who are looking to get on NFL 90 man rosters prior to OTAs etc.   I remember Fred Jackson and Boobie Dixon doing something in a Spring League with the same idea. 

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

Personally, I wish him the best. If he sincerely has learned from his mistakes and can manage his newly found bi-polar diagnosis, he would be an incredible comeback story. He certainly is a unique talent on the field. Unless he ends up in our division. Then I hope he crumbles, haha

I don't see that at all. 

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Personally, I wish him the best. If he sincerely has learned from his mistakes and can manage his newly found bi-polar diagnosis, he would be an incredible comeback story. He certainly is a unique talent on the field. Unless he ends up in our division. Then I hope he crumbles, haha

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't see that at all. 

By "unique" I don't mean I'm overlooking his very small stature/frame. But as a pure playmaker, the kid showed promise. I remember being at that Browns game when he came in for Hoyer and he was an instant jolt of energy. Made it seem like he might pull it through. And then the Kyle pancake, haha!

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

He wanted $500,000 a year and Hamilton was only offering $300,000

Shortsighted decision.  $300K with a chance to show that he was clean while showcasing his football skills is something he should have been all over.   Now all he has is a long shot to get signed after playing in the Spring League which can't be much in the way of compensation.