Bucky Brooks: Ranking of the Top 5 Draft Prospects for Each Position

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may want to, but their pick is even lower than ours, they don’t have the draft capital to compete, and they are paying both Bradford AND Glennon.

So true, but they have to know they don’t have the future on their roster. And the rookie will be cheap in comparison. It’s a matter of how much you are willing to compromise your draft this year and in the future. But we ABSOLUTELY have positioned ourselves better. I love what the FO has done. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That constitues as tons for you? If so then cool. 

The original context wasn't about mock drafts. Rather it was Nassib's talent in comparison to Josh Allen. 

Do you remember 2013?  You don't recall all the Nassib talk?  I understand you didn't agree with it and you were right, but are you really saying you don't remember it?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you remember 2013?  You don't recall all the Nassib talk?  I understand you didn't agree with it and you were right, but are you really saying you don't remember it?

I remember some linking him to the Bills because of Marrone, but from a talent perspective it never made any sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember some linking him to the Bills because of Marrone, but from a talent perspective it never made any sense to me. 

Nobody said it made sense.  We just said it happened.  Some people say Allen makes no sense either.  That one dude doesn't even have him in the top 100.  It is possible some teams have him as a non first rounder.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Nobody said it made sense.  We just said it happened.  Some people say Allen makes no sense either.  That one dude doesn't even have him in the top 100.  It is possible some teams have him as a non first rounder.

The point still remains that there is a huge disparity in the level of talent as I 1st said in response to another poster. Allen will be drafted in the 1st round. 

On 2/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, PIZ said:

There were dozens of predraft articles and analysts that said he was a first round pick.  Several had him reuniting with Doug Marrone and had the Bills taking him in the first.  

This article said he could "skyrocket to the 1st overall pick".  I can't be the only one that remembers the Nassib hype and 1st round projections.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/syracuse-football/2013/2/8/3965066/nfl-draft-2013-ryan-nassib-syracuse-football

sho nuff

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

This is exactly why Beane commented on sticking to the valuation their staff have on a prospect and NOT some "draft guru". 

Following the media hype of a prospect will have them unemployed ...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The point still remains that there is a huge disparity in the level of talent as I 1st said in response to another poster. Allen will be drafted in the 1st round. 

It only takes one team thinking that so I'm guessing you'll be right.  Personally I think he will suck badly so I hope the Jets get him.  Or Miami.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

QUARTERBACK

Jackson is the wild card of the group as an electric playmaker with a run-first game. He's a human highlight reel, but questions about his accuracy and system fit prevent some coaches/scouts from buying into his potential.

and system fit
Which, in the case of Buffalo, should not be a question. 

As much as someone might love another quarter back - and I get the Rosen love - Lamar Jackson is the singularly most well fit QB to come to Buffalo as any in the last 15 years. A mobile QB, used to the same offensive system as our OC, playing for a HC and GM that was integral in bringing Cam Newton to the big stage. Not to mention, Lamar's a senior. I'm sure I don't have to remind fans of this HC's commitment to seniors and those players that put team in front of self.

I'm willing to bet that McBeane never drafts any player that missed their bowl game to prepare for the combine and the draft. Don't know what made me think of that just now, but it seems right, doesn't it?

Way, way, way too much smoke and I tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they moved up to make sure nobody swooped in and took him out from under their eye.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, PIZ said:

There were dozens of predraft articles and analysts that said he was a first round pick.  Several had him reuniting with Doug Marrone and had the Bills taking him in the first.  

This article said he could "skyrocket to the 1st overall pick".  I can't be the only one that remembers the Nassib hype and 1st round projections.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/syracuse-football/2013/2/8/3965066/nfl-draft-2013-ryan-nassib-syracuse-football

NASSIB AT 8!!!!! i remember...although there were more cries for WE MUST DRAFT GENO!!!

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I definitely think Mayfield will go in the teens 

how about 12?B-)

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Sure they would like those players but the giants have other needs as well as do the broncos. This qb hype is getting nutty and if I asked ten scouts who the top qb is I’d get 12 different answers.

i think the giants take barkley and would be stupid not to, if they want a dynamic weapon to pair with odb. don't forget , they pick high in the 2nd and 3rd. we just need the jets to take rosen or allen. i don't think rosen has the stones or desire for buffalo. if baker falls to 4, nothing will stop us..