Timeout at 2:03

Scott7975

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Only problem I see with calling timeout a few seconds before the 2 minute warning is you allow the offense a run pass option because no matter what the clock stops. 

This is correct, it was a mistake.

9 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I mean I guess. So you think Belichick wanted the Eagles to attempt a pass? 

Yeah.  The odds of scoring a TD with 1:00 left with no timeouts inside their own 20 is slim so you're in desperation mode at that point.  You'd have a better chance of an INT than a forced fumble.

7 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not really the same situation. Atlanta should have been conservative because they were in FG range with 3 minutes left already up 8. They chose to pass and got sacked and penalties taking them out of fg range. 

It's amazing to me how many coaches don't understand clock and game management. 

I don't know if it's a byproduct of playing the Patriots, but it seems coaches have it in their minds that they have to aggressive which can cloud their judgment.  

Edited by Doc Brown

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not really the same situation. Atlanta should have been conservative because they were in FG range with 3 minutes left already up 8. They chose to pass and got sacked and penalties taking them out of fg range. 

It's amazing to me how many coaches don't understand clock and game management. 

They got screwed, they got called got holding, but the refs ignored the face mask on New England. This moved them back 10, then they got sacked taking them out of field goal range, basically gave the game to the pats.  It was pure bs...

Edited by Fred Clause

6 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

They got screwed, they got called got holding, but the refs ignored the face mask on New England. This moved them back 10, then they got sacked taking them out of field goal range, basically gave the game to the pats.  It was pure bs...

Did they also ignore the face mask on atlanta? 

Or do you only see things one way?

Just now, Cmdjr85 said:

And they got sacked, then the holding penalty. Not the other way around. 

On 2/6/2018 at 9:51 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

Agholor running out of bounds was a potential killer for the Eagles.

And also Ertz not falling down at the 1 yard line.  His extending the ball  for the TD could have cost them if ruled incomplete.  with a 1st and goal, could have ran it down to around 15 seconds, then kick the potential winning field goal.

11 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

And they got sacked, then the holding penalty. Not the other way around. 

Nope you are wrong, they were around the 25 yard line, they through a pass out to the left. As the receiver was being tackled out of bounds he was pulled by his face mask , they replayed it and the announcers commented on it, on this play they were called for holding The next play he was sacked as they were trying to get back into field goal range. Go watch it again before you try and say the pats were not aided once again...