Report: Browns Add Scot McCloughan to the Front Office

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the shocker is why the hell was Allen hiding under his desk versus breaking the impasse unless Boy Danny was calling the shots?......after all, he is the architect of the RG II 1/8 deal, right?...Allen was a pretty good personnel guy in TB and his old man was George Allen from Deadskins lore........pinning this on Scott is typical Snyder......

The bolded part you got exactly right.  Bruce Allen is Danny's 'yes' man and knows how to survive.  My understanding is McCloughan was not a 'yes' man, and actually knew how to function as a GM.  Doesn't matter, though.  I've spoken with several fairly knowledgeable Redskins fans and none of them are happy with removing McCloughan as well as Danny and Bruce Allen assuming more power.  IMO, the bright spot is Jay Gruden, as I think he has done a good job; we'll see if he is the next to be thrown under Snyder's bus.  Acquiring Alex Smith is a good move, and probably the best they could have made.

My understanding is RGIII was Danny's pick.  Cousins was Mike Shanahan's pick.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The bolded part you got exactly right.  Bruce Allen is Danny's 'yes' man and knows how to survive.  My understanding is McCloughan was not a 'yes' man, and actually knew how to function as a GM.  Doesn't matter, though.  I've spoken with several fairly knowledgeable Redskins fans and none of them are happy with removing McCloughan as well as Danny and Bruce Allen assuming more power.  IMO, the bright spot is Jay Gruden, as I think he has done a good job; we'll see if he is the next to be thrown under Snyder's bus.  Acquiring Alex Smith is a good move, and probably the best they could have made.

My understanding is RGIII was Danny's pick.  Cousins was Mike Shanahan's pick.

...thanks bud....assessment much appreciated..........:thumbsup: