Cool stuff to do in Milwaukee?

BillsPride12

Jumping the gun here but a boring cold winter night has me thinking ahead to the Bills Packers game next season.  Gonna make the trip out to the Frozen Tundra at Lambeau Field but the plan is to spend a couple days in Milwaukee first and its an area I've never been to. I've heard it is very similar to Buffalo but any advice or recommendations for any cool restaurants, bars, or anything in general worthwhile taking in would be appreciated.  Really looking forward to this trip as I've been wanting to go to Green Bay for a game since I was a kid.  

17 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’m planning on doing the same. Been there once but wasn’t able to do much sightseeing. Did catch a brewers game which was great. Miller park was very cool.

Didn't think of catching a Brewers game but depending on where in the season the game falls on that or catching a Milwaukee Bucks game could be options.  From what I've seen so far it looks like it's gonna be a fun bar hopping city at the least 

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Are you into American motorcycles?

You have the Harley Davidson HQ and museum there.

Not a big motorcycle guy but that might be interesting to check out

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Two hour drive to Chicago from Milwaukee

Been to Chicago a few times.  Love it there but I always like to check out new places so I don't plan on spending any time in Chitown for this trip

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

If you're into brewpubs, check out the Water Street Brewery and the Milwaukee Ale House. Good food, good beer.

Is there any good local cuisine besides cheese and brats? Speaking of which is there any good places to go out for Cheese and Brats lol

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Is there any good local cuisine besides cheese and brats? Speaking of which is there any good places to go out for Cheese and Brats lol

There's a pretty big German-American population there, so I'd imagine there are quite a few mom & pop restaurants with a good selection of brats and such. We live a couple hours away, so we don't get there a lot. If we're there around mealtime, we usually hit one of the brewpubs I mentioned.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/4/2018 at 8:14 AM, BillsPride12 said:

Not a big motorcycle guy but that might be interesting to check out

Been to Chicago a few times.  Love it there but I always like to check out new places so I don't plan on spending any time in Chitown for this trip

Chicago is over in a few visits?

Okay....