Lance Zierlein (NFL.com) has started publishing scouting reports on all the prospects

DCOrange

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

He has Jackson graded higher than Mayfield.  Am I missing something here?  I haven't seen that anywhere else

Higher than Rosen as well. The guys at WalterFootball had it that way for awhile but moved him down in the past month or so. Otherwise yeah, I think he’s the only one. I personally agree with him though. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There are probably 10 Quarterbacks in this class easily better prospects than Nate Peterman. 

I didn't say there weren't guys in the class better than Peterman.  I just said outside of the top guys I'd have to ask some serious questions.  And I think you have to compare their college production to his.  Not the small sample size we have of him failing last season. 

5 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I didn't say there weren't guys in the class better than Peterman.  I just said outside of the top guys I'd have to ask some serious questions.  And I think you have to compare their college production to his.  Not the small sample size we have of him failing last season. 

I don't think comparing production is sufficient.  You have to compare their tape.  

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think comparing production is sufficient.  You have to compare their tape.  

I agree with that too.  Actually just to be clear, when I talk about production I'm not simply talking about numbers.  I'm talking about everything that I mentioned in a previous post, which requires watching the tape. 

Edited by NewEraBills

On 1/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, DCOrange said:

There's still some missing prospects; he hasn't had a chance to publish a grade on everyone yet. I'm certain Rosen will be one of the top 3 (I'm guessing 1st) QBs once he's added in.

seems kind of strange though that he skipped over a potential top 3-5 guy, but made sure to evaluate a potential 7th-undrafted guy....

24 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

seems kind of strange though that he skipped over a potential top 3-5 guy, but made sure to evaluate a potential 7th-undrafted guy....

It appears that it's still under construction. For example, he bumped Lamar down from a 6.3 (11th best in the class) to a 6.0 today (19th best and now behind Rosen).

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It appears that it's still under construction. For example, he bumped Lamar down from a 6.3 (11th best in the class) to a 6.0 today (19th best and now behind Rosen).

I get that but it still doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the first ones you evaluate be the guys that everyone's drooling over, instead of some guy that might not even get drafted?

On 1/29/2018 at 8:16 AM, NewEraBills said:

One thing I will also say too is with the 2nd tier guys, if it were me, and if I didn't feel that I'm getting an upgrade over Nathan Peterman, then I wouldn't take them.  Just use the pick to fill another position.  To me, that's the key.  If you cannot land one of the top guys, I don't think it is worthwhile to take a QB unless you feel you are getting someone who is an upgrade over Peterman.  I would not take anyone in rd 2-4 unless they are a Peterman upgrade, who we took in rd 5.  

This is why we might be more inclined to trade up if someone drops rather than sit still.  At this point I only see Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield as significant upgrades over Peterman.  I think Falk and Rudolph MIGHT be upgrades, but by how much.  Falk has some frame issues and Zerlien is correct in him taking a beating.  That showed this year as he played the majority of the season with a broken wrist, which impacted his throwing mechanics and decision making.

Darnold is the ONLY qb worthy of a trade up by us. Absolutely no other qb justifies this move. If Rudolph is there in the 2nd round, he should be the pick over Falk.

10 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I get that but it still doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the first ones you evaluate be the guys that everyone's drooling over, instead of some guy that might not even get drafted?

Could be that he has more film to get through on some of the bigger guys whereas the smaller school guys he felt comfortable knocking out after seeing a couple games.