Drew still billieves

Hawk

And that is why Bledsoe never progressed as a quarterback (and was ultimately unsuccessful with us).  It takes more than just throwing the ball deep to be successful QB.  If doesn't know that now, he never will.

269394[/snapback]

BINGO! That's why New England dumped him on Buffalo. They were frustrated that Drew wouldn't work in the off-season to improve other aspects of his game; he was stubborn and set in his ways. He wouldn't change his game to suit what the coaches wanted even if it was a short, conservative passing game.

There are alot of guys who can throw the deep ball. But doing it when you are being rushed and throwing it to the correct team is another story, isn't it? and what about sticking to a game plan. Or not zeroing in on the same receiver all the time?

He's desperately bringing in has beens to try to save his reputation.

It's pretty clear that he rode Belichek and his staff for many years.

269192[/snapback]

I think some of you haters are going to be disappointed to find out that Bledsoe is not nearly as washed up as you have convinced yourself he is...offensivelyl, he is stepping in to a very good situation in Dallas, playing for a coach, that wants him, as opposed to a coach that inherited him, like Mularkey...ultimately, it won't translate into a championship, but I think you will see Bledsoe putting up respectable stats, and maybe even hear whispers about "comeback player of the year." I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone (especially being stuck in the middle of Cowboy country), but Parcells is not the fool that many here are making him out to be either!

I think some of you haters are going to be disappointed to find out that Bledsoe is not nearly as washed up as you have convinced yourself he is...offensivelyl, he is stepping in to a very good situation in Dallas, playing for a coach, that wants him, as opposed to a coach that inherited him, like Mularkey...ultimately, it won't translate into a championship, but I think you will see Bledsoe putting up respectable stats, and maybe even hear whispers about "comeback player of the year."  I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone (especially being stuck in the middle of Cowboy country), but Parcells is not the fool that many here are making him out to be either!

270978[/snapback]

Bledsoe will do as he always does- play well for a few games against inferior defenses ( and there are more of those in the NFC).

But he will also meltdown at the worst time in the big games, especially on the road.

Gregg Williams will have a field day against Dallas.

Drew will do more than any other single factor to force Parcells into retirement.

Cause when he brought in Belichick, he still was a relative unknown, so was easy to keep him. Then BB gets a head coaching job in Cleveland, fails and is availabe again. There usually isn't a huge market for a guy who just failed.

Paresells was a good coach in the early years. But then his ego got bigger than his stomach and he wanted to play GM too. Ever since he started evaluating and signing players, he's done nothing. Yes he's had a couple good years here and there, but no consistency. It's not surprising that he's good friends with Bobbie Knight as they are two peas in a pod!

It wouldn't surprise me to in the latter years that he resented BB as he started getting to much press, but that's pure speculation.

if parcells is such a joke, how did he have the foresight to hire belichick numerous times? putting together a staff is possibly the most important task a head coach faces.  as for him having lost his reputation, the last time i checked, the cowboys won 10 games and made the playoffs a year ago despite having an arena league-level qb (quincy carter). and the last time i checked, the most recent time the bills performed such a feat was in the last millennium.

269287[/snapback]

I think some of you haters are going to be disappointed to find out that Bledsoe is not nearly as washed up as you have convinced yourself he is...offensivelyl, he is stepping in to a very good situation in Dallas, playing for a coach, that wants him, as opposed to a coach that inherited him, like Mularkey...ultimately, it won't translate into a championship, but I think you will see Bledsoe putting up respectable stats, and maybe even hear whispers about "comeback player of the year."  I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone (especially being stuck in the middle of Cowboy country), but Parcells is not the fool that many here are making him out to be either!

270978[/snapback]

"We just needed to make more plays."

Oh, sorry. I already posted this.

I did not read the whole article, but the quote reminds me of Travis Henry believing he is great because he can carry the rock. Like, hey dude, what about picking up a blitz now and then?

Huh? What's that got to do with being a RB?

Likewise, Drew thinks he is still a top QB because he can "throw the long ball". Big deal, man. How about being able to take a few steps to get out of the way of a charging defender?

Huh? What's that got to do with being a QB?

Travis and Drew are one-dimensional players, IMO. Let them play somewhere else, please.

I did not read the whole article, but the quote reminds me of Travis Henry believing he is great because he can carry the rock. Like, hey dude, what about picking up a blitz now and then?

Huh? What's that got to do with being a RB?

Likewise, Drew thinks he is still a top QB because he can "throw the long ball". Big deal, man. How about being able to take a few steps to get out of the way of a charging defender?

Huh? What's that got to do with being a QB?

Travis and Drew are one-dimensional players, IMO. Let them play somewhere else, please.

271342[/snapback]

Oh boy, let's take one sentance that DB said, possibly take it completely out of context, and continue to villify him! :blink:

CW

"i really have to take a look at the tape before i can answer that one."

as for easing up, i will ease up if bledsoe leads the cowboys to a world championship and beats the bills. If he doesn't do that, and especially if the bills have a better record than the cowboys next year, then i believe bledsoe showed that he is in complete denial.

Oh boy, let's take one sentance that DB said, possibly take it completely out of context, and continue to villify him!  :blink:

CW

271355[/snapback]

Hey Fez don't waste your time. All the classic haters took the bait on this thread and are firing the venom. Expect a minimum of 6 more months of this shiznat.

These boyz get their rocks off this way.

It's tiresome, but more predictable than a sunrise.