Super Blue Moon + Lunar Eclipise

/dev/null

thats actually wrong, it's not a true blue moon.  by olden standards it is not a true blue moon because there are not 4 full moons in the winter celestial.  this is actually really grinding my gears.

modern **** has changed it to be 2 full moons in a month.  well... february doesn't have a full moon.  and march has 2.  are we going to flip out over that two or just not understand astrology the way the farmers almanac tells us to?

the beavers moon is november.  last chance to get furs for winter

wolf moon is december

cold moon january

feb snow moon

march i forgot - google says worm moon

april pink moon - remmeber that one because it sounds like a strip club or an asian hooker

may flower

june strawberry

july buck moon - get them trail cams out

august red moon or fish moon

sept harvest moon

oct hunters moon

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

thats actually wrong, it's not a true blue moon.  by olden standards it is not a true blue moon because there are not 4 full moons in the winter celestial.  this is actually really grinding my gears.

modern **** has changed it to be 2 full moons in a month.  well... february doesn't have a full moon.  and march has 2.  are we going to flip out over that two or just not understand astrology the way the farmers almanac tells us to?

wolf moon is december

cold moon january

feb snow moon

april pink moon - remmeber that one because it sounds like a strip club or an asian hooker

may flower

june strawberry

sept harvest moon

oct hunters moon

Wrong! Harvest & Hunter's are tied to the seasons and the fall equinox.

I know this because we attend "The Feast of the Hunter's Moon" in West Lafayette, Indiana every year. Always first weekend of October... (really a set date now since the modern traditon began in 1968). But sometimes The Feast is around the Harvest Moon... Like in 2017.  BTW, it's a historical reenactment of the 18th century autumnal rendezvous between the French, British and Native Americans in this part of Indiana/Illinois.

"During the festival, participants reenact the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans which took place at Fort Ouiatenon in the mid-18th century."

http://www.crazycrow.com/site/event/feast-of-the-hunters-moon/

http://www.homeofpurdue.com/events/events/feastofthehuntersmoon.html

Anyway... You're wrong above in your post:

I am sure the Hunter's Moon in 2017 fell in November.  The Harvest Moon was in October.  The Harvest Moon is the first full moon NEAREST the Autumnal Equinox.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-hunters-moon

"In skylore, every full moon has many names, and most are tied to the months of the year. But some moons are tied to seasons, such as the Harvest and Hunter’s Moons. The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox. The Hunter’s Moon is the full moon after the Harvest Moon. For us in the Northern Hemisphere, the 2017 autumnal equinox came on September 22, and the October 5 full moon was the Northern Hemisphere’s Harvest Moon. Depending on whom you ask, this Hunter’s Moon may – or may not – be a supermoon. Follow the links below to learn more about the 2017 Hunter’s Moon."

FWIW: June is also the "Honey Moon"  look it up... :P 

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

wolf moon is december

cold moon january

feb snow moon

may flower

june strawberry

sept harvest moon

oct hunters moon

51 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wrong! Harvest & Hunter's are tied to the seasons and the fall equinox.

I know this because we attend "The Feast of the Hunter's Moon" in West Lafayette, Indiana every year. Always first weekend of October... (really a set date now since the modern traditon began in 1968). But sometimes The Feast is around the Harvest Moon... Like in 2017.  BTW, it's a historical reenactment of the 18th century autumnal rendezvous between the French, British and Native Americans in this part of Indiana/Illinois.

"During the festival, participants reenact the annual fall gathering of the French and Native Americans which took place at Fort Ouiatenon in the mid-18th century."

http://www.crazycrow.com/site/event/feast-of-the-hunters-moon/

http://www.homeofpurdue.com/events/events/feastofthehuntersmoon.html

Anyway... You're wrong above in your post:

I am sure the Hunter's Moon in 2017 fell in November.  The Harvest Moon was in October.  The Harvest Moon is the first full moon NEAREST the Autumnal Equinox.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-hunters-moon

"In skylore, every full moon has many names, and most are tied to the months of the year. But some moons are tied to seasons, such as the Harvest and Hunter’s Moons. The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox. The Hunter’s Moon is the full moon after the Harvest Moon. For us in the Northern Hemisphere, the 2017 autumnal equinox came on September 22, and the October 5 full moon was the Northern Hemisphere’s Harvest Moon. Depending on whom you ask, this Hunter’s Moon may – or may not – be a supermoon. Follow the links below to learn more about the 2017 Hunter’s Moon."

Boyst, was pretty sure the Harvest Moon was typically in October.  But, now that EII supports that contention, maybe it really is in September.  (Apologies EII. :p)

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Boyst, was pretty sure the Harvest Moon was typically in October.  But, now that EII supports that contention, maybe it really is in September.  (Apologies EII. :p)

Smells like Boyst has defiance disorder.  It's rubbing off down to the masses from Dear Leader. :D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 1/25/2018 at 2:22 PM, shrader said:

I just hope someone finds the right joke for the term "beaver's moon".

Not sure what that could be joke-wise about the moon.  But, we all know what the worst thing ever said on TV back in the 1950s was... "Gee Ward, weren't you a little hard on the Beaver last night."

That's the best I got... But I will give it some thought. :D