Audibles? Not every QB does them.

Foreigner

With 12:50 left in the game yesterday, Roethlisberger threw on 4th and 1 incomplete.

The Jags safety said, "I!m expecting sneak for sure or at least something to Bell straight up

the gut. Once I see a pass, I was like, whoa. It worked out in our favor. If your QB is that big,

all he has to do is lean forward and it's a first down." This, on the Jags 39.

Roethlisberger was asked if he thought they should have called a sneak. "I don"t know.

It's been a while since we've run a QB sneak. I'm for it. I don't know, that's kind of over my

head when it comes to why we don't do it. I'm not going to sit here and second guess,

why don't we QB sneak? I don't know how many years it has been since we ran a

QB sneak. It's not like it's just this year.  So, I don't know."

Whether it's not wanting to overrule the OC or what, what do you guys think, because 

we know that Big Ben is not exactly a rookie. 

3 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

With 12:50 left in the game yesterday, Roethlisberger threw on 4th and 1 incomplete.

The Jags safety said, "I!m expecting sneak for sure or at least something to Bell straight up

the gut. Once I see a pass, I was like, whoa. It worked out in our favor. If your QB is that big,

Roethlisberger was asked if he thought they should have called a sneak. "I don"t know.

It's been a while since we've run a QB sneak. I'm for it. I don't know, that's kind of over my

head when it comes to why we don't do it. I'm not going to sit here and second guess,

Whether it's not wanting to overrule the OC or what, what do you guys think, because 

He may not be a rookie, but Ben has never struck me as a very cerebral QB either. He's been great at executing game plans...but when it comes to smarts he's the Gronk of QBs in my book.

Not sure if I would want him overruling the OC if I'm the coach either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

On a rating scale of 1,000 with 1,000 being the least intelligent.

Gronk 1,000

Big Ben 987

Tyrod Taylor 999

A great portion of Big Ben’s success can be attributed to his insane physical gifts. Those gifts make up for a lack of intelligence. If Roethlisberger were the height of Brees, or had the arm strength of Brady, he would be JAG. 

There are only certain things you can audible to from certain sets.  I found it strange that Dennison didn't entrust Tyrod with audibles until the 2nd half of the season.

This team fell short in a lot of ways:

No hard count to get free plays

No Audibles

No special teams return threat on punts or kicks

No clock management training for our qb's, snapping the ball with 10 and 12 seconds still on the play clock when trying to wind down the game

No backup plan for RB's, signing guys off the street AGAIN this year as the season went on.  A fast, competent backup to Shady probably wins us Jville game.

54 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I have always loved (and HATED) how fast Brady is to the line with that sneak when it's close. He is ALWAYS right there snapping as the ref winds his arm and ALWAYS gets the first down. I can't recall him ever getting stuffed when he does that. 

That doesn't seem hard and yet no one else does it. 

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Hasn't it had a fair bit of play in the Pittsburgh press that Roethlisberger and Haley are "on the outs"?

3 hours ago, Foreigner said:

one word....Haley.......he's been an enemy combatant with Ben since the Comet's return to Pittsburgh.......