So It Turns Out I have a Biological Family

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This is very interesting. Congrats!

On a side note, I’m wondering if law enforcement/State Police/FBI have access to Ancestry.com or 23andMe? It seems these websites may become a gigantic DNA database subject to state and federal search warrants. 

Hold on. Let me ask my wife tap device.

Alexa, is the government keeping my DNA?

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You named your penis Alexa?

It wasn't until now

I'm on a date.  I pull pants open "Alexa, are you ready for work?"

Another date "alexa, please tell Marge she looks pretty"

It could be endless

Fwiw I !@#$ed up my dates Alexa. She has about 40 reminders all week.  From buy blow to do the maracrana. Her grocery list is well versed, too.

Edited by Boyst62

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

It wasn't until now

I'm on a date.  I pull pants open "Alexa, are you ready for work?"

Another date "alexa, please tell Marge she looks pretty"

It could be endless

Alexa, is that acne?

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, Billsfansinceday1 said:

If anyone else is in a similar situation, DNA testing with one of the 3 main organizations is a great way to go.

So a year ago, my cousins daughter and her orphan boyfriend submit DNA to Ancestry.  He gets no hits.  She gets a hit they trace back to our extended family and the person contacts us.  My cousin tells me she knows my sister had a baby she put up for adoption.  I never knew about that.  That would be 1968.  The father was a married,  wealthy Buffalo business man according to my cousin.  Sis was a wild child.  This guy was born with some tough health issues.  Well I Google this person, a news story was out there about him.  I go to the page and see his pic............... freaking like looking in a mirror  LOL.  I've never contacted him, probably should.  My sister I've not seen in 12 years, has stage 4 cancer.  Should see her too.  

11 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

So a year ago, my cousins daughter and her orphan boyfriend submit DNA to Ancestry.  He gets no hits.  She gets a hit they trace back to our extended family and the person contacts us.  My cousin tells me she knows my sister had a baby she put up for adoption.  I never knew about that.  That would be 1968.  The father was a married,  wealthy Buffalo business man according to my cousin.  Sis was a wild child.  This guy was born with some tough health issues.  Well I Google this person, a news story was out there about him.  I go to the page and see his pic............... freaking like looking in a mirror  LOL.  I've never contacted him, probably should.  My sister I've not seen in 12 years, has stage 4 cancer.  Should see her too.  

Sorry about your sister. 

Don’t say should, do it. 

2 hours ago, teef said:

this is pretty nuts.  congrats billsfan.

Thanks.  I am zeroing in on my mother's side but nobody is on the registry that is nearly as close as my half brother.  He has a brother and sister who would also be half mine.  

This DNA stuff is awesome and scary.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a follow-up to my original post.  Since then I have tracked my mother's side of the family and know for sure that I have identified my birth mother up in the St. Lawrence area. Last night I spoke for over an hour with my 1st cousin who is the daughter of my mother's brother (ie my 1st cousin).  She is a hoot.

Our only are of disagreement is that she is a Patriots fan, having practiced as a psychologist in Boston for years.  We both agreed, however, that getting rid of Garoppolo was a huge mistake.  I was very happy about that and she wasn't.