Bills miss out on London games for '18-'19 season

Roundybout

The team gets to London many, many days before the game, and always get a bye upon their return.  Yes, there is some jet lag when visiting London.  I've done it from the west coast...but the Bills have three hours less to worry about.  No big deal.  Playing a game on Thursday night is WAY WORSE than playing in London.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Spoken by someone how didn't attend the London game?  If you had gone, you wouldn't be saying that....trust me. (And why do you care where the Jaguars choose to play their games?)

Yeah I'm sure the experience of being in London during the Bills Jags game was pretty cool but that was probably being in London that was 95% of that.  I have probably been to London about 6 X in my life and its an incredible experience. The Bills Jags game like a lot of the London games was a train wreck. These games maybe great to attend but the way the game plays out has a gimmicky exhibition game type feel.  As a fan watching on TV for whatever team is playing I think the games have been crap. All the real games in an NFL season should be played on American soil...period!!  As for where the Jags play I could care less, not sure why this was included in your post?

44 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Yeah I'm sure the experience of being in London during the Bills Jags game was pretty cool but that was probably being in London that was 95% of that.  I have probably been to London about 6 X in my life and its an incredible experience. The Bills Jags game like a lot of the London games was a train wreck. These games maybe great to attend but the way the game plays out has a gimmicky exhibition game type feel.  As a fan watching on TV for whatever team is playing I think the games have been crap. All the real games in an NFL season should be played on American soil...period!!  As for where the Jags play I could care less, not sure why this was included in your post?

Excellent points all around.  I mention the Jaguars because some on here seemed ticked off that any teams are playing in a different time zone. If the early start time bothers people that much they need to invest in a DVR.  Living on the west coast I've watched very few, if any London games, and have not missed a thing....but then again there are about 12 to 14 games each weekend, played on American soil, that I also don't watch.

Cheerio!

On 1/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, NextYear'sTheOne said:

I must admit I don't hate them as much as I used to now that they show most of the games on standard networks. But making them available only through NFL Network  is a garbage money making scheme. 

From a players stand point, 4 days in between games is not enough time to recuperate and prepare for the next week IMO. I know a few of our players complained about it after the spanking we took on Thursday night and I know a number of other players around the league have voiced a similar concern. 

Then in next contract this should be emphasis not reducing penalties for infractions.

22 hours ago, DCBongo said:

I get what the NFL is trying to do.  I feel better about UK games than I do about Thursday night football. Having said that I am happy the Biils are not one of the team's.

It is okay because they usually schedule bye week with it.  IMO the league needs additional bye week and then use it by TNF.

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think cancelling them would be good. Where I live, they start at 6:00 in the morning. I had to miss the whole EJ melt down because I couldn't wake up that ear!y on a day off. Its bad enough with Games starting at 10:00

So you have missed one game because of the London games. Hardly a reason to cancel the whole series. When buffalo play late Sunday night, Monday night or Thursday night I have to take the next day off work because they don't start until 1 am here.  And the london games have helped increase the fan Base of all the NFL teams. I met some wonderful people from buffalo when the london game was here and I hope they are back soon so I can meet more. I am hoping to get to a game in buffalo next season.