Why we need to target a great (not good) WR

GreggTX

We have the need for speed, but we need that guy with great speed and hands that can keep opponents from loading up against the run. When Sammy was healthy, the long ball was a big part of our game and that was a big reason why our run game was better, imo. We don't have anyone like that any more. Thompson is ok, but not good enough to make other teams back off, especially with TT throwing. Still, Taylor had a very nice completion rate on those deep balls back then.

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

We have the need for speed, but we need that guy with great speed and hands that can keep opponents from loading up against the run. When Sammy was healthy, the long ball was a big part of our game and that was a big reason why our run game was better, imo. We don't have anyone like that any more. Thompson is ok, but not good enough to make other teams back off, especially with TT throwing. Still, Taylor had a very nice completion rate on those deep balls back then.

Thoughts?

Tyrod's long ball was great in year one but then withered and died.  With or without Sammy, it just disappeared.

• Like (+1) 1

I mentioned this in another thread but my target is Donte Moncrief (hopefully coming with Rob Chudzinski). He is fast, big, and a play maker. I believe we have an elite guy in KB and Moncrief is probably the perfect #2. He had  a down year, so he should be cheap, but I think he has tremendous potential. He's also an outside reciever so you can play Zay Jones in the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1